If god really exists, nobody would be here counting calories :D
  • thapainmaker
    thapainmaker Posts: 152 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    :D
    A "real" god would have just let all of that grow on trees or had rivers of wine already flowing. Why does a "real" god need human help to make those items? People are so gullible when it comes to entities.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Theoretically, God has no needs nor could He have needs.

It becomes immediately confusing if not entirely inexplicable as to why He does anything o:):D
    Why refer to god as a he? Why not a bacteria? Or a spaghetti noodle? Oh wait because a written book by non scientists written a thousand years ago or so said god is he. Makes perfect sense.

I'd love for a thread like this to be a debate on the main forums, but unfortunately it's gonna get locked just based on Community guidelines. So I'll defer from here on.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I think it's just an artifact of language.

God is also referred to as Us and We.

That has created confusion and suggested a pantheon of powerful otherworldly beings but it's just way of referring to royalty.

Language is weird. Plenty of God conceptions are as She...but the classical theism God is gender neutral.

Our language is just not.

Why not a noodle, or a female. maybe just an artifact of language... I guess so is the word turd but people don't bow down give their lives to turds do they? Words undoubtedly hold meaning....it's one of the key factors that sets us aside from all other organisms, our speech is a powerful thing and the word god just might be one of the most powerful words we have in our arsenal.

It's definitely a ancient artifact and the bibles orgin's are still up for debate (the bible isn't any kind of scientific finding, rather a collaborated set of mans belief systems put into word set forth on paper about the origins of such thing...no different than any theoretical physics book, except it's MISSING the concepts ).

The concept of God though is intriguing, very very intriguing and I don't thing that the bibles hogwash should take from that. The idea that there is one ultimate reality one divine perception of reality of this world we live in and out day to day is very possible, and the concept in its self would be impossible to prove wrong...unless you are that divine one who see's above all else....in which case, get me out of here man! lol

The fabric of our universe as we know it is set up into dimensions, at least that is how we perceive it, so taking that into consideration it is very possible to have an ultimate or divine dimension that we cannot even see or comprehend that is encompassing all of ours....but then again there we are back to theoretical physics, but hey atleast I have a solid concept to go off of right?
  • thapainmaker
    Options
    and it's orgins are still up for debate* that was my point before I got carried away with my bible lecture lol
  • thapainmaker
    Options
    My point in the first paragraph is that it isn't about God being used in any kind of conventional sense, the word God means much more then what the bible limits it to.....yes I used the word limits and bible together. The bible has been limiting peoples thoughts and creativity for far far too long....open up your mind and close that damn book.
  • thapainmaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Come on someone please add to this or challenge me with the religious debate....PLEASE...This is so much better then " would you bang the person to the left or the middle" debate, I like to think every now and then ;) ....just pressing refresh waiting for replies :'(
  • thapainmaker
    Options
    A "real" god would have just let all of that grow on trees or had rivers of wine already flowing. Why does a "real" god need human help to make those items? People are so gullible when it comes to entities.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

It becomes immediately confusing if not entirely inexplicable as to why He does anything o:):D
    Why refer to god as a he? Why not a bacteria? Or a spaghetti noodle? Oh wait because a written book by non scientists written a thousand years ago or so said god is he. Makes perfect sense.

I'd love for a thread like this to be a debate on the main forums, but unfortunately it's gonna get locked just based on Community guidelines. So I'll defer from here on.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

That has created confusion and suggested a pantheon of powerful otherworldly beings but it's just way of referring to royalty.

Language is weird. Plenty of God conceptions are as She...but the classical theism God is gender neutral.

Why not a noodle, or a female. maybe just an artifact of language... I guess so is the word turd but people don't bow down give their lives to turds do they? Words undoubtedly hold meaning....it's one of the key factors that sets us aside from all other organisms, our speech is a powerful thing and the word god just might be one of the most powerful words we have in our arsenal.

It's definitely a ancient artifact and the bibles orgin's are still up for debate (the bible isn't any kind of scientific finding, rather a collaborated set of mans belief systems put into word set forth on paper about the origins of such thing...no different than any theoretical physics book, except it's MISSING the concepts ).

The concept of God though is intriguing, very very intriguing and I don't thing that the bibles hogwash should take from that. The idea that there is one ultimate reality one divine perception of reality of this world we live in and out day to day is very possible, and the concept in its self would be impossible to prove wrong...unless you are that divine one who see's above all else....in which case, get me out of here man! lol

The fabric of our universe as we know it is set up into dimensions, at least that is how we perceive it, so taking that into consideration it is very possible to have an ultimate or divine dimension that we cannot even see or comprehend that is encompassing all of ours....but then again there we are back to theoretical physics, but hey atleast I have a solid concept to go off of right?

I'm not a religious person, myself. I feel like the afterlife is unimportant. That the personal idea that you have of yourself...you know, your life...the particular person that you are now...imo, that is all over when you pass away.

Life is not a rehersal.

However, concepts like mentalism and that substance is all information are not crazy.

There are definitely existant things beyond human understanding or possible understanding because our minds operate with language that only gains meaning through discourse (no private language imo). And..well, we only talk to each other.

I see people as nodes, bubbles, fractals...of a universe constantly in flux.

We are recursions and mirrors, not entirely mindless...just with enough spirit to recognize that we are the little gods and that's good enough for our purposes.

I don't believe God needs our help.

My God would be disappointed...if not disgusted by worship.

However...that is just romanticism.

I agree with a lot of what you said and I like what you said about us being nodes while the universe in flux. It's an interesting thing to think about though. If that's what you believe than, us being particles of that universe in flux, why isn't our reality constantly warping and changing as well. Why is everything we know so fixed? Is it because we've stopped to observe it that way kind of like the double slit theory maybe.

I see things a different way, literally. I have schizophrenia and my reality probably would appear much different than yours would to you. The uncertainty principle could never be more real life as it is in my perception of reality. It makes every day functioning very difficult for me, but at the same time some very odd things can happen that "certainly" shouldn't that make life kind of interesting. I liken my mental illness to a perceptual difference that is all, it is a pretty substantially big difference but my perceptions are my reality until I tell myself they are not.

It makes me wonder if my reality can suddenly take such a dramatic change being so fixated and predictable to being the complete opposite, just an endless supply of possible outcomes, until my thoughts distort that... than why or how did this happen. Is it a positive and hopefully optimistic change or something to dread? What makes My perception of reality or your idea of "hallucinations" false and your reality or my idea of hallucinations real?

just food for thought, I think all we are might just come down to what percieve, and life is about learning to choose whether you want to change that or not....
  • thapainmaker
    Options
    Come on someone please add to this or challenge me with the religious debate....PLEASE...This is so much better then " would you bang the person to the left or the middle" debate, I like to think every now and then ;) ....just pressing refresh waiting for replies :'(

Haha it's late...and understandably people are probably hesitant to engage in a discussion they suspect may become volitile.

We should set a good example and have a reasonable, respectful talk.

Have a good evening! I consider this a fascinating topic and will be back.

@Soul_Radiation alright just know I'm going to hold to a rain check though. I love talking this kind of thing nothing intrigues me more than the nature of our existence, I've questioned it my entire life! Thanks for the intellectual reply.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

It might be that black holes contain entire universe within their singularities. So it might not be one reality and one divine interpretation of really, but too many realities to count. Maybe people in one of those realities are asking if there's anyone else out there.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Wine. Red. Rose. White.

Prosecco, champers.

Beer, whiskey & vodka.

Nicotine & sleeping tablets.

Can a get an AMEN !

I know God exists because I've seen what he has done in my life and the lives of those I know.

Because of my life experiences, some of the places I've been overseas and my job, I've seen the very worst of people and the very best of people. Through it all I've seen God answering prayer and working small and large miracles in the everyday life of myself and others.

Look around you, you'll see this too.
  • DYLPICKEL
    DYLPICKEL Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Because the Holy Spirit lives in me!
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The earth and it inhabitants in the middle of a vast universe seems very, very tiny and insignificant, but yet here we are. The probability of you or I being born with the exact DNA that we each possess (the right sperm meeting the right egg) is 1 in 400 quadrillion. So, in other words the odds that you or I could even exist is basically zero.

... And yet, here we are!