Dislike sleep?

Options
I usually sleep only 5-6 hours a night, anything more then that I actually feel WORSE throughout the day. I am being scheduled for a sleep study, yet I feel as if I am getting enough sleep... anyone else in that boat? Is it possible to actually dislike sleep?

Replies

• meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I don't dislike sleep...in fact I love it. The minute my head hits the pillow I'm out, but I only get 5-6 hours per day. I don't see anything wrong with it.
  • DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM
    Options
    I don't dislike sleep...in fact I love it. The minute my head hits the pillow I'm out, but I only get 5-6 hours per day. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Is it because of work? Or you just decide to sleep that long?
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I also get around 5 or 6 hours sleep per night. Often get to bed after midnight and awake at 5:00am.

A recent quote from an inspirational speaker suggested we should always go to bed at least 7 hours before the time we intend to wake up. So I really need to be asleep by 10:00 or 10:30pm to accomplish that.
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options

Is it because of work? Or you just decide to sleep that long?

My body naturally wakes up after 5-6 hours, regardless of whether I go to bed at early or late.

Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I also get around 5 or 6 hours sleep per night. Often get to bed after midnight and awake at 5:00am.

A recent quote from an inspirational speaker suggested we should always go to bed at least 7 hours before the time we intend to wake up. So I really need to be asleep by 10:00 or 10:30pm to accomplish that.

That’s when I’m on the treadmill so I physically wouldn’t be able to. How does your body react usually with those little hours ? Are you lethargic? I feel like around 3 pm I need to take a 5-6 min nap, and I do.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

That’s when I’m on the treadmill so I physically wouldn’t be able to. How does your body react usually with those little hours ? Are you lethargic? I feel like around 3 pm I need to take a 5-6 min nap, and I do.

Okay in the morning but sleepy by mid afternoon.
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? I love to sleep. I wish I could take a nap everyday lol. I get about 8 hrs a night
    Options
    jruch23 wrote: »
    Are you kidding? I love to sleep. I wish I could take a nap everyday lol. I get about 8 hrs a night

Well, I would like that luxury but as of now, it can’t happen. Also, if I did have time to sleep 8 hrs, I’m pretty sure I would still only sleep 5-6.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Sleep is Great!

It's like being dead... without the permanent commitment.

• Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I don't like the feeling of falling asleep or not knowing what's going on around me.
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    If you dislike sleep, start working overnight shifts. You'll find out how much you love sleep after all. And you'll constantly be denied deep restorative sleep. Because daytime sleep pales in comparison to natural sleep at night as nature designed it. Sleep is one of the greatest parts of life. I crave it personally and I stalk it but I can never seem to get it.

I worked mid shifts for 6 Year’s and then went to school full time during the day, I know the pain!
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I love sleep, it just doesn't like me much.

Exactly this. I’m lucky if I get 5 hours, that would be a good night.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I dislike that I don't get enough sleep and my face hates it!
    Options
    If you dislike sleep, start working overnight shifts. You'll find out how much you love sleep after all. And you'll constantly be denied deep restorative sleep. Because daytime sleep pales in comparison to natural sleep at night as nature designed it. Sleep is one of the greatest parts of life. I crave it personally and I stalk it but I can never seem to get it.

I worked mid shifts for 6 Year’s and then went to school full time during the day, I know the pain!

Didn't it make you love sleep though?

No. Because it got in the way.
    Options
    I love sleeping but I don’t get much of it. I get 4-6 hours a night. However I feel better than ever because as of late I’m sleeping very deep.

I wish that was the case, I am an extremely light sleeper, I hear everything. I have the fan on high all seasons to block out noise.
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    I dislike that I don't get enough sleep and my face hates it!

I’m pretty sure your face is perfect.
    Options
    Usually I get in a 5-7 min cat nap during meetings so I’m ok the rest of the day :#