Breakfast - Tired of the Oatmeal

Options

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Tofu scramble. Taco seasoning to taste. Mash tofu and fry like scrambled eggs. Add salsa, onions.

Put on low calorie tortilla. I use la tortilla low carb which is 70 calories for large and 45 calories for small.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Eat anything you like. It doesn't have to be a traditional "breakfast food", though there's certainly nothing wrong with that if that's what you want.

This -- what do you like? what sounds good?
  • lucycruz904
    lucycruz904 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually have a plain rice cake with peanut butter on it, not too bad, I actually have my kids eating them too. I have to avoid a lot of sodium so it gets pretty tough to even choose a good cereal. Otherwise, grab a piece of fruit, string cheese, no sugar jello, boiled hard eggs, just the whites.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have had that same problem. I have been making smoothies with Spinach, mango, orange, yogurt & almond milk, spinach, blueberry, yogurt & almond milk, and if I am running late yogurt blueberry's & some semi sweet chocolate chips.
    I prepped my spinach , mango & orange slices on Saturday, but you can just buy already frozen, or you don't even have to use frozen veg & fruit.
  • 2MaB_
    2MaB_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek Yogurt with half a pack of Truvia and 2-3 ounces of strawberries is a pretty low calorie breakfast. You still get your protein with the yogurt and good carbs from fruit. Or some egg whites and chicken sausage is always a good choice
  • Ih8Rain2
    Ih8Rain2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bsmd5pt6rp24.jpg

It's Russian Tvorog (Cottage cheese/Greek Yoghurt) with pine nuts and raisins. Sometimes with cranberries or fresh fruits (blueberries, kiwi etc..). Abt 300 cals and contains all you need.
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Ih8Rain2 wrote: »
    bsmd5pt6rp24.jpg

It's Russian Tvorog (Cottage cheese/Greek Yoghurt) with pine nuts and raisins. Sometimes with cranberries or fresh fruits (blueberries, kiwi etc..). Abt 300 cals and contains all you need.
    What's in the cup ? Orange Juice ?
  • bikerjoe83
    bikerjoe83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I alternate between three breakfasts at the moment, because I don't want to get bored of one and because I don't have time to make more complicated/detailed dishes. I have overnight oats with fruit, eggs and toast, cereal with fruit.

For me, oats is most filling, eggs gives me most energy, cereal is just cereal. My time is very flexible at the moment so I fit my days around my breakfast - lazy day or early lunch day with cereal, morning workout with eggs, lazy day or early lunch with cereal.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I personally haven't found any breakfast that can fill me up as much as oatmeal does for the same calories, so unfortunately most of my suggestions are higher in calories than a bowl of oatmeal would be. But they're very filling to me and I enjoy them, so maybe you will too. :)

- I load a tortilla wrap with 100g baked chicken breast strips (I bake these every week, portion into baggies, and freeze. Then defrost overnight in the fridge when I want to use them) and a serving of hummus, then add bell pepper, tomatoes, spring onions, and mushrooms. I heat it up in a panini press and then enjoy! Approximately 350 calories, depending on the ingredients you use and the size of your tortilla. (Mine are about 48g and 150 calories each)

- I load some sandwich bread up with a sliced boiled egg, sliced deli turkey breast, tomatoes, and plenty of hot sauce. ~300 calories, depending on your bread and how much turkey you use.

- I "fry" an egg without oil in a non-stick pan, then serve in a sandwich with cheese and turkey. ~360 calories
  • Schila64
    Options
    f3ta79lk0wp0.jpg
    Love my breakfasts now... got rid of the Oatmeal
  • minstine
    minstine Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have busy mornings so I pour cheerios in a cup and eat it dry while driving the kids to school. 1 and 1/2 cups is only 150 calories. Then I have a cup of tea. It gives me a couple hours then I usually have a banana.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i love making tosti's (sandwiches). With ham and cheese, cottage cheese and smoked salmon, cucumber and cheese, cheese and tomato, avocado and egg, avocado and cottage cheese, philadelphia and jam,,shall i go on? :smiley:
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    You can do so much with eggs, a tasty omelet for 250 or put an egg on toast (Dave's Bread is my fav).

Toast with PB is quick and filling, you can take it on your commute when rushed.

Lately I fry up two eggs and put them on my oatmeal, then add sriracha sauce. The oatmeal tastes completely different with a runny egg and hot sauce.
  • Debmomto5
    Debmomto5 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Today was a bagel thin with 2 scrambled eggs to make an egg sandwhich.
    You can add cheese too
  • Schila64
    Options
    oh2gb5kv7lkj.jpeg
    This is what normally my breakfast looks now.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Honey Nut Roasted Cheerios are good along with some eggs or meat/protein.

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Schila64 wrote: »
    Eat anything you like. It doesn't have to be a traditional "breakfast food", though there's certainly nothing wrong with that if that's what you want.
    I'm just trying to keep my breakfast calorie intake below 250 cal

Why are you having such a small breakfast? Mine is usually between 450 and 650.

I also include hard boiled eggs, buttered toast, cup of tea. Alternatively there's marmalade, jam, peanut butter, cheese ham, etc.

Getting back to cereal, it doesn't have to be oatmeal. I usually use cold cereals like Corn Flakes, Weetabix, Raisin Bran, Cheerios, Special K, Oats and More, etc. Just dump it in a bowl and add some cold milk and you're done.
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal w added fruit and honey bu my other favs are omelet w veggies or peanut butter banana shakes. Pb banana shakes are a particular fav of mine.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Your new breakfast looks good. Nice to change it up sometimes.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I will sometimes have an almond milk (fresh) smoothie: 1/4-1/2 cup almond milk, banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter, and 1/2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa. Usually it is about 300 calories though. Sometimes I'll put some blueberries in it too. I find the smoothie to be much more filling than oatmeal. I will usually add a fried egg on the side of my oatmeal (with blueberries or pomegranate, 1/4 tsp maple syrup and 10 g sunflower seeds). 2 slices of bacon and 2 eggs. Sometimes add an apple. Also, apple with 1 tbsp peanutbutter. English muffins don't have many calories--if you eat bread, add an egg and slice of bacon to it. I also like to eat a tomato on toasted bread (but that can get caloric and not that filling)--pan y tomate--typical urban Spanish breakfast. Sometimes I'll just get a breakfast sandwich from Starbucks or a bagel with butter and that gets me out of the rut. Poached chicken breast with almost anything you can think of, tomato, potato or sweet potato, or even fruit.