any college students?

Options
Hey yall! I'm a college student and new to this app - I'm trying to make a healthy lifestyle for myself, and anyone in college/who's been to college may understand how freaking hard that is! Feel free to comment even if you aren't in college, but I was wondering if any of yall are and what your tips are for a healthy lifestyle!

Replies

• robhunt25
    robhunt25 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm no longer in college, but actually applying for grad school. I managed to accomplish the biggest of fitness obstacles while I was in college. Difficult but doable. Let me know if you would like help
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a college student, currently, I am a Ph.D. candidate. I definitely understand the struggles of trying to get healthy while in college. We experience a ton of stressors and never seem to have any downtime. It will be difficult, there may be setbacks (I have had my fair share of them) but it is worth it to keep pushing through. Never give up on your health and your goals.
    Take things slow if you need to. Start by making small healthy changes in your diet. Add some exercise to your routine. For me personally, I do better with my food choices when I am able to workout. If you live on campus, take advantage of the opportunity to walk to your classes. If you live off campus, try parking your vehicle farther away, so you can get in some extra steps. Small, steady changes will win the race.
  • Teallaquin
    Teallaquin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in my junior year of college, having gone right after high school. I first joined MFP during my freshman year due to packing on weight fast.

My biggest struggle was self-control and that "I can, so I will" mindset. Remember those "no, we have food at home" discussions you've had with your parents while passing something like McDonalds? My best tip is to learn how to have that discussion with yourself. Learn your body's cues, and don't just eat when you're bored. Just because you can pack a lot away, doesn't mean you should!
  • ssaharea
    ssaharea Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student and a seriously lazy cook. What works for me is I meal prep all my meals. I also bought myself a Hot Logic Mini (this post isn't sponsored lol). Basically it's like a lunch box and slow-cooker in one. I take my meal out the fridge in the morning, put it in my Hot Logic, and bring it with me to school. It takes 4 hours for my food to be fully cooked (frozen veggies and frozen chicken thigh). I also eat the exact same thing everyday. Overnight oats in the morning, 2 bananas, a slice of bread with peanut butter, and one meal of chicken and veggies cooked in my Hot Logic. I don't mind eating the same thing every day, but for some people it might be a problem. I also go to the gym 3x a week to run on a treadmill for 20-30min. Hope this helps or inspires you.