The scale is your FRIEND, not your enemy.. with proof.

Options
I have been contemplating how we seem to talk about our scales as a sentient being, and how some will say the scale is their enemy. I have come to the conclusion that the scale is indeed our friend, a bit too honest at times, but still a friend.

to prove this point, we must consider how react to news from an enemy and a friend.

Friend, you are happy when they offer good news, perhaps not thrilled when they give you bad news (along as it is not biased or mean spirited)

Enemy, you expect them to deliver bad news and to TRY to knock you when you are down.. you probably dont give a damn if they say something nice and treat nice comments with a bit of distrust as they are a sworn enemy.

so.. the scale says something nice, and I am happy to hear that I am 1.2 lbs lighter.. Scale, I love you man! a few days later Scale tells me I have gained 1/2 lb, I dont like hearing it but its the truth so i need to figure out WHY instead of blaming the messenger.

Alternative possibility is that when we are gaining the weight that got 90% of us to join this site, then the scale is our enemy, never any good news and always raining on our parade. When we start changing our life, and realizing we are responsible for our health and that we deserve to be healthy and happy, then the scale becomes our buddy.

thoughts?

Replies

• JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    This is a great concept! Thanks for this post! :) I will try to remember this when I am reaching my goal!

Best Wishes
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    It is solely my scale's fault. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
  • JanieKelley
    JanieKelley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It is solely my scale's fault. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

LOL! that's funny!