Need Accountability Buddy/Twin f37 220 5’5”

Options
sylverkat
sylverkat Posts: 55 Member
edited November 2017 in Motivation and Support
Once upon a time I was a skinny twig about 120lbs 5’5”. That was 15 years ago am now I am twice that person. Over time I gradually went up to 160. After having my son nearly 9 years ago I lost all the 70lbs I gained when I started a med and the side affect was appitite lose. I was happy, curvy, a little heavy but happy. Then in one and a half years I gained 60lbs. I went on weight watchers and after 3 months and not losing more then 2lbs I went to the doctor. All she could find was my thyroid was lower functioning but not enough to medicate. Since then I have only ever been able to get from 220 to 210. Now going back to an office job from a retail one I am back up to 220-225. I am not happy and more important not healthy. I start and stop. WW, 21 Day Fix, this app.

I need some friends on here to hold me accountable. Make me laugh and help me stick with it. I can do the same for you.

Cheers
Shers

Replies

• ssakinyemi
    ssakinyemi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Morning Shers,
    What will you do different today, to make those changes ?
  • sylverkat
    sylverkat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Step one was asking for friends to help me. Today I will make sure I log every last thing I consume. No cheats.
  • allielichablanca
    Options
    Ah how I long for the days when my 5'5" body weighed even 135lbs I'm at 217ish now and gained a lot very quickly due to inactivity after being injured in a car accident and my bf at the time kept bringing me ice cream. Anyway, I never needed to lose weight before this so I really don't know what I'm doing and was very recently diagnosed as pre-diabetic and I'm scared of the gym and I seem to have permanent aches and pains and flexibility loss, not to mention I work in a fast food restaurant with odd hours so that it seems in possible to even eat three meals a day so I eat one or two huge meals and a midnight snack. I could definitely use some motivation to fist off avoid junk food for the snack and secondly keep me from picking the most unhealthy most delicious foods at work.
  • schellies
    schellies Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Same stats or very close and same program except food. We can help each other!
  • tschin
    tschin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    May I join your group? I’m 42, 5’6”, and 210. I don’t even know how I got here. I held steady in the 180-190’s for a few years after my third child. I was a SAHM at the time and was able to be fairly consistent with walking/workouts.
    I’ve since gone back to work and I spend a significant amount of time sitting in meetings and in my car. I need to fix whatever is going on with me because I know it doesn’t get any easier as you age and I’m beginning to have lots more “aches” that I’m not happy with. (Plus I can’t afford to keep buying bigger pants. That wasn’t the point of me going back to work, to spend earnings on clothes.)

I don’t know what you ladies have in mind for setting up support for each other...how frequently are we planning on checking in? Should we set a small goal? (Like logging food, water intake,...).

Sorry, got carried away there.

Teresa
  • Fatandsassy224
    Fatandsassy224 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am down to join the club if you ladies are still around and looking for more. I am 5'4", 224.6lbs as of this morning, and hoping to get down to 150lbs. :) I am a nurse and have a really messed up schedule as I only work 12 hour night shifts, but I am here. I will send a few of you a friend request.