PLEASE HELP!!!!

Options
LargeEricS
LargeEricS Posts: 109 Member
edited December 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Short and sweet. My fiance won a two month subscription to thrive. I've already lost weight using MyFitnessPal with insanity (25 lbs). However she really wants me to do this and I want to do it to make her happy. So my question is if I use thrive will this have a negative effect on my weight loss? If it doesn't I'm thinking I'll just continue to do my normal regiment + Thrive to make her happy.

Replies

• brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That's super sweet of you. I would eat it, but make sure you still count calories. If any of the meals are calorie dense, just eat less/make smaller portions.
  • LargeEricS
    Options
    It consist of a pill, a patch, and a powder. I dont believe it will work, but if it doesn't hurt I guess water under the bridge right. No one likes to always be the naysayer lol.
  • LargeEricS
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    It's BS. Paying for any that stuff is marketing. There are NO PATCHES that increase your metabolic rate. You have to PHYSICALLY do that.
    And it's like $100-$300 a month right? Also think LOGICALLY here: if you DIDN'T have any of that "help" what happens to people who quit it after? Did they actually LEARN anything about how to eat and exercise correctly? If not, then it's a WASTE of money. You're better off buying better foods and workout clothing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Well it was free, and she's not renewing it. Like i said i dont believe for a second it will work, but i want to be supportive. So if it doesnt help nor HARM, I thought I'd just do it. So thats my question will it harm my regimen or no?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Would you be using her supplies or buying your own? That's a lot of money to add in something that won't make any difference. If you are using her supplies, that would cut her time on it in half (not necessarily a bad thing).

You could always let her know that you support her, but will continue doing what is working for you. You don't have to do it with her to support her.

Have you shown her what you are doing here? That would (in my opinion) be most supportive because it gives her knowledge which is power. It gives her everything she needs to take control for herself.
  • brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    LargeEricS wrote: »
    It consist of a pill, a patch, and a powder. I dont believe it will work, but if it doesn't hurt I guess water under the bridge right. No one likes to always be the naysayer lol.

Ohhhh, sorry! There's something else called thrive life, and it's packaged food. I thought that's what we were talking about. I would take it for a bit and then just say it's not for you. I don't think it'd hurt anything, but I don't think it'll help either.
  • batters1964
    batters1964 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'd be worried that your partner is going to be given a really hard sell about paying for Thrive once her freebies run out. Isn't it a MLM scheme?
  • LargeEricS
    Options
    It was two months a piece, and they can try and sell it to her but we broke lol, so I dont know what we'd be paying for it with. I just dont want negative side effects
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    If you look for reviews, including the negative rather than only the positive, there seems to be some risks. It seems to rely fairly heavily on stimulants which may give a boost of energy (so would drinking a cup of coffee). If you have any cardiac conditions, then certainly not a good thing to just try.

Perhaps look at the individual ingredients (of course you have no idea how much is actually in anything that you are taking), run them though: examine.com it's a great site to cut through all the supplements BS.
  • jimrhoades39
    jimrhoades39 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Morning. I screwed up, can we cancel all entries in the "FOOD" section for December 1st thru December 3rd, I will re-enter with correct information. Thank You.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    LargeEricS wrote: »
    Short and sweet. My fiance won a two month subscription to thrive. I've already lost weight using MyFitnessPal with insanity (25 lbs). However she really wants me to do this and I want to do it to make her happy. So my question is if I use thrive will this have a negative effect on my weight loss? If it doesn't I'm thinking I'll just continue to do my normal regiment + Thrive to make her happy.

The only thing that could hurt is if it's heavy on stimulants, if you are sensitive to them or have any health issues.

Unfortunately it's more dangerous for her. If she loses some weight while she's on it, she might think she can't lose weight without pills and powders. So to be really suportive, when the stuff is gone, get her on MFP! :)
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Can you possibly donate what she won to someone else? It is Christmas and would make a cheap and easy gift.

She has seen you can be successful using MFP to lose weight so why is she not doing it with you already?
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    do people normally gift things to people they hate? cause that would be the only people worth giving an expensive MLM piece of crap too..
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    you know what i would do... open the container on a far away spot from the thing you put the powder in, pretend to stumble and drop the powder all over the floor. oops. well darn.. sorry hun, how about trying MFP with me, ill help you, you will do great.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. You're having great success with MFP, the efficacy of the shakes and patch haven't been proven, and some internet reviews suggest getting clearance from your doctor first. (Of course the internet provides info from both sides, so I'd be wary of it anyway). It's like your girlfriend wants a drinking buddy. Would you increase your alcohol consumption just to "be supportive "? Has she been supportive of you and joined you in using MFP? Why not let this be her thing while you continue to do yours?