P90x for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc round questions

Hello!

I'm on day 72 of my p90x journey. I can't believe it's almost over. Once upon a time, this day was never going to come soon enough and now that it's right around the corner, I feel almost lost. What will I do w/o Tony?

Well after long thought, my hub and I decided to do it again. This is the plan:

Our P90x journey is officially ending on Aug 23 but we have a cruise coming up on Sept. 11th for 7 days. We've decided to extend our 3rd phase since we'll have a bit over 2 weeks between last day of p90x and cruise time. It doesn't make sense to start a new program before then. So we'll do recovery week at the end as the schedule says then do 2 additional weeks of phase 3 and then during cruise week, do our own recovery week by visiting the ship's gym and the track. It's vacation but personally I cannot get out of the mode for a whole week.

Once we're back, we will start our 2nd round.

My questions are (and I'm sure this is in the book but I'm too lazy to read and I'm curious to see what others have done!):

1) Do you start back at phase 1 level 1?? I'm imagining YES. But how do I go from having my 3 carbs a day back to 1?? I was SO happy when I was able to increase my carbs.

2) Do you just pick up where you left off as far as resistance bands, push ups, etc??

Thank you. I'd appreciate any other advice you have for me.

Replies

• carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    When i completed p90x i started doing a p90x/insanity hybrid...beachbody even has a schedule for it! I use heavier weights some days, others i go for reps...i DIDNT start over with the diet plan! You need all the nutrition to fuel those muscles, and get you through your day:) GOOD LUCK...hope that helps!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    I would start over.... but tone down the food abit (not completely)... and yes start from the beg.
  • Elanesse100
    Elanesse100 Posts: 30 Member
    I'm only 6 weeks in myself. On the second week of Phase 2, but I do know the answers to your question.

The Fat Shredder plan is for if you have Fat to Shred (like me). The book says it can last 2 days or 2 months, depending on what you need. You already did it, you don't need it. So stick with the Energy Plan or the Endurance Plan (can't remember what it's called)

As far as your workouts, you ALWAYS want to improve. Start where you left off and keep adding to it. Now, once you reach a comfortable level (i.e. you don't want to get any more toned or bigger etc.) then I would level out your reps and weights. But you should always do all of the cardio type exercises no matter what.
  • According to the book you stay at stage 3 and repeat for 90 days, not from day one.

P90X plus is due out this year so keep an eye out for that as well
  • MaureenCreates
    MaureenCreates Posts: 97 Member
    P90X plus is due out this year so keep an eye out for that as well
    P90X+ is already out, it's P90X2 that comes out end of this year.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    I feel you on continuing to workout when you are on vacation. I worked out every day while in Hawaii. I've done P90x twice and Insanity twice, right now I am on the hybrid. When I did P90x the second time I didn't cut the carbs, and I think that's where I went wrong. I HAD to do Insanity just to get rid of the extra squish, but once the fat started to come off I could see all the muscles that P90x gave me. Regarding resistence, just keep upping them. I have been told time and time again, if you can do more than 8 in one rep you aren't lifting heavy enough.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Thanks everybody... I do want to say that I still want to lose more weight. I'm SO SO happy with my results but I def need to shred more fat.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    What is hybrid anyway?
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    P90X - Insanity Hybrid Workout Schedule
    http://pledgetostayfit.com/documents/p90x_insanity_hybrid_workout_schedule.pdf

It's combining P90x and Insanity into a 90day workout plan.