Options
nolan44219
nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
Who should be in the final four?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Ha.. well, it's a lil' late to ask, but the short answer is: Clemson would probably smoke either Alabama or OSU.

Alabama gets the nod and I expect a trip to the wood shed awaits.
  • nolan44219
    Options
    Ha I was hoping for your college football insight. I'll be rooting for Clemson and of course Georgia against Oklahoma. I dislike Alabama got a week off but I think I agree with the decision of the playoff selection. I feel like the dogs and Kirby Smart are a little young but living in South Georgia and having so many gator fans/Georgia haters around I'm *kitten* loving it right now :D
  • DarnFam4
    DarnFam4 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Oh my Badgers...had a chance and we just can't get a top end QB to ever put us over the hump. I hate OSU, but personally I think a team who doesn't even compete in a conference title, in the given set up, should automatically be banned from the top 4. So I would have sided with Ohio State.
  • Motorsheen
    edited December 2017
    Options
    No tears for Buckeye Nation. Not showing up for the Iowa game definitely had ramifications with the selection committee.

As for Alabama, they squeaked by that powerhouse "Mercer" the week before they lost to Auburn in the Iron Bowl.
    So 'Bama has: 1. Cupcake Game. 2. Loss to Auburn (and it wasn't close). 3. Off Week.

Alabama always works the schedule to their advantage. They almost never play a ranked team (outside of the SEC) on that teams home field. They will play a Florida State or a Texas.... but it's most usually on a neutral field.
    You won't see Alabama going into Michigan or Clemson or Notre Dame (especially in the cold) and playing as the visiting team.

Ohio State goes on to match up with USC in the Cotton Bowl, which should be a good game.
  • nolan44219
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    No tears for Buckeye Nation. Not showing up for the Iowa game definitely had ramifications with the selection committee.

As for Alabama, they squeaked by that powerhouse "Mercer" the week before they lost to Auburn in the Iron Bowl.
    So 'Bama has: 1. Cupcake Game. 2. Loss to Auburn (and it wasn't close). 3. Off Week.

Alabama always works the schedule to their advantage. They almost never play a ranked team (outside of the SEC) on that teams home field. They will play a Florida State or a Texas.... but it's most usually on a neutral field.
    You won't see Alabama going into Michigan or Clemson or Notre Dame (especially in the cold) and playing as the visiting team.

Ohio State goes on to match up with USC in the Cotton Bowl, which should be a good game.

Preach!
  • TheHawk007
    TheHawk007 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yeah, people seem to forget the Florida State game. Bama WAS THE REASON Florida State s*cked this year!

.......and you can cry about Mercer all you want, take a look at the Bucks.................Las Vegas? What do you think the odds are on that one?

Army? I'm as patriotic as the next guy, but, come on.....both AT HOME of course.

Played Oklahoma, and got a flag planted youknowwhere...

....AND were extremely lucky to beat Penn State by one (they FAILED TO COVER against the four teams listed above)

But, don't worry, the schedule next year contains some real heavy hitters....

.......how about the Oregon State Beavers and the Tulane Green Wave? Wow!

Now, that's entertainment!

Home and home? Are you kidding?
  • TheHawk007
    TheHawk007 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Almost never play a ranked team? Fla State was #3 in the country when they played! This was "Championship Preview" remember?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    TheHawk007 wrote: »
    Almost never play a ranked team? Fla State was #3 in the country when they played! This was "Championship Preview" remember?

Of course they play ranked teams. The point was: Where was the game played?
    It makes a difference where the games are played. It also makes a difference when the games are played.

" They almost never play a ranked team (outside of the SEC) on that teams home field. "

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I could go either way. I think Alabama is a better team than Ohio State but also agree that near loss to an unranked and a loss that put them out of the title game on the last game of the season is a deal breaker in most camps. The selection has been made so we will all need to agree to disagree on this. As a Clemson fan I will say that I worry more about Alabama than the others right now. They always play tough against Clemson but at least it is a neutral field.