I’m tired off being fat

Options
Hi my name is Mariam I’m 22 years old and have a 10 month old baby boy and I’m seriously tired of feeling like 50 years old I’m done with this body I don’t feel sexy or happy I feel miserable .. I’m weight problems starting 4 years ago when I lost a baby ever since then I have not been able to loss weight or get out off depression but sense I got pregnant I changed my eat and I lost 40 pounds and I have not been able to lose anything more weight so I need help

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Share your stats, so we know where you're at right now. 40lbs is a great loss but without knowing how much further you need to go it's hard to give any further advice. How is your logging? Weighing everything on a scale?
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Start with a small change and keep at it. I know how you feel and hoping the life changes stick this time. Start with my fitness pal calorie stats and go from there
  • mari251995
    mari251995 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Right now I’m seating at 184 and I want to be at 145 or 140
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Okay, so set MFP to have a goal of 0.5lb-1lb loss per week, and eat the number of calories you're given. Be super accurate with your logging, play with meals to find what keeps you feeling full longer (for some that's protein, others it's fats, etc). If the number at 1lb a week is hard to stick to, bump it down to 0.5lb. And understand that the closer you get to your goal the more precise you'll have to be and that it will take time. But you should see more or less steady loss if you do all this.
  • slimbyjune18
    slimbyjune18 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi I was exactly the same a few years back post pregnancy, in the 180s. I logged all on here & ended up at 137 - it took a while, but once I got going I felt so much better. There were some hard weeks, but mostly I didn’t think I was dieting. I’ve been a bit lax this last year & avoided tracking & weighing myself... I’m now back to lose the 19lb I’ve let back on. This does and will work if you set a sensible loss, stick to your allowance & do some exercise. Good luck & feel free to add me!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Being really ready to change is the first step and it sounds like you are there. You can do this. Start with small changes. Log everything you eat. measure your servings. If you can get a food scale to help with serving size. If you are like me you will be shocked at the amount of calories you are eating. That really helped me. Only by knowing where you are can you move forward with the changes. I'm pulling for you
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Very sorry about your loss.

Being fat sucks. Quitting was the best thing I ever did.