I'M DOING THIS AGAIN!

Options
lelemarie1986
lelemarie1986 Posts: 1 Member
edited December 2017 in Getting Started
I have tried many times....I successfully completed and hit my goal ONE TIME! Now I'm bigger and older than I ever thought I would be....lol and pissed that I let it happen! I hate what I see in the mirror. I'm ready for a change! Time to feel sexy,amazing and in charge! Join me.... add me....I can't promise I will win...but I can promise I will try.

Replies

• seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    WELCOME BACK!
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    TRY is the key word. you did it once before just find that person you were and hug her to death and dont let go. :p

I have been one of them on again off again weight loss people myself. i would lose 10-15lbs then put it back on and then some. This year I passed out and busted my face and broke my teeth and put a tooth thru my bottom lip. To say the least it freaked me out. after recovering from a head concussion I am determined to lose weight and get healthy. My cholesterol is high so there is another reason to lose weight.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself and end up crashing and burning!

Stick to a sensible calorie limit, and don't eat too much or too little. Good luck!
  • Smile679593
    Smile679593 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too. Starting again! Very frustrating, but it’s my own fault for not sticking to it.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    What makes you quit?

Are you trying to keep your calories too low?
    Are you restricting food groups?
  • Wendy34291
    Wendy34291 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is the quote that recently kicked me into gear.... Yoda said, "Do or do not, there is no try."
  • Olliex27
    Olliex27 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I’ve done this many times and ready for a major change. We can do this!!
  • moballoon
    moballoon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back on the wagon, too, lelemarie1986. Can I add you as a friend so we can work on things together?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    What makes you quit?

Are you trying to keep your calories too low?
    Are you restricting food groups?

This. These are not things you should be doing if you want to last the distance and learn good habits for maintenance.
  • FairBreez
    FairBreez Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm "doing this again" too, as of TODAY! Three yrs of defeat are behind me and I renewed MFP (after several laptop crashes in Chrome or whatever) -- and I will join you in trying, and succeeding, this time. Let's be in it for the long haul, no matter what. Blessings ~ you can add this ol' lady if you want :smiley:
  • BlueStarBoi
    BlueStarBoi Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i've lost 90 pounds regained 25 trying to re lose that.... looking for motivated and not one sided friends for support. only if your seriously about your journey please add me
  • omnicia
    omnicia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also in the "lets try again!" boat.. I had sort of "accepted my fate" of being unhappy with how I looked & felt, something that was reenforced by friends who also were in a funk of "what's the point" when it came to diet and exercise.

During the summer I made friends with someone who is really positive and "you can do it!" (about pretty much everything.. dude should go into life coaching) and realised theres more to it than just personal willpower, having proper support for when you're flagging is really important... so THIS time I'm going to try and get on these forums and make friends and give out as much encouragement as I can as well.

Yay everyone here! It's hard but I believe in us :smiley:

Orphia & RuNaRoUnDaFiEld - I agree a healthy approach needs to be at the core of it (Im trying the 5:2 diet again, because I liked it last time, I am trying to be more conscientious about building in longer term sustainable habits & finding more healthy meals I like, and also of accepting an off day isn't an all out failure that I should hate myself for, as thats what makes me give up entirely!)
  • Yelnatsceltics
    Yelnatsceltics Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • KaeMarieXO
    KaeMarieXO Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good luck ypu can do it i know u can feel free to add me
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    This is the 4th time in my lifetime. We're all on the same road determined not to let it happen again!