Any Orangetheory members here?

Options
Joined three weeks ago and I absolutely love it.
Any tips/comments/questions?

Replies

• corporatelawmom
    corporatelawmom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just joined a couple of weeks ago. I totally love it too!
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I've been curious about them. What do you love?
  • Marcie9278
    Marcie9278 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Joined three weeks ago and I absolutely love it.
    Any tips/comments/questions?

I've been going since July!! Are you doing "He'll Week" at your location?
  • jesshasredhair
    jesshasredhair Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    There's a great reddit board! Just google Reddit and orangetheory.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I would love to, but right now it's not financially feasible for me, since I take dance and have a gym membership. I have friends who do it, and they've been super pleased with their results.
  • smallsteps2success
    smallsteps2success Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes! Been a member for almost a year and a half and love them! The best workout and the best "gym" membership I'd ever had. It may be more costly than a regular gym membership but I have to say that I'm getting my money's worth. Haven't missed a session yet whereas I'd have a regular gym membership even though it's half the monthly cost, I would go months not going. I love OTF because of the variety and that I can actually see the "science" of my workout. I'm getting results and I don't mind going. Coaches and staff are so friendly and supportive too. So glad to see that there are MFPers who are also OTFers too! Glad we can connect here. =)
  • cjfarborist
    cjfarborist Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Orange theory since February and I love it. We're in the middle of he'll week which is super challenging, but I love the coaches and the atmosphere. It may seem expensive but I think it's not expensive at all for what you get. I can feel my body changing all the time. My muscles are bigger my body more compact. Absolutely amazing.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Love them - had to take a medical break and I can't wait until I can get back to it!
  • bama_belle78
    bama_belle78 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    me! Joined aug of this year and love it. Did my first Dri-Tri (OT's version of a triathlon) and hell week was last week. This is the only gym that has kept me motivated to go back. love the energy and the workouts are great. The coaches are amazing!
  • theresa961
    theresa961 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love Orangetheory. For the first time in my life I actually look forward to working out!
  • angelagwilliams
    angelagwilliams Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just joined a week ago, great workout! Love seeing the monitored results during the workout, can’t wait to see the results on the scale! Hoping MFP + OTF pay off!! ;)
  • bridies01
    bridies01 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I Just started this week! OUCH
  • mrspett323
    mrspett323 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes I am an Oranger!!!
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Joined last week and I’m really enjoying it.
  • spartan_d
    spartan_d Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Took my first class tonight for free. It was a partner workout. I hate to say it, but this didn't work for me. My partner very much dragged my workout down, and I feel that I could have designed a better routine for myself.
  • tinabthatsme
    tinabthatsme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to hear people's results from OTF?? How many days a week do you go to see results? How do you stay motivated to keep attending? Once I'm there I'm fine but getting myself to actually go is challenging!
  • balmeroreos
    balmeroreos Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to hear people's results from OTF?? How many days a week do you go to see results? How do you stay motivated to keep attending? Once I'm there I'm fine but getting myself to actually go is challenging!

For me, the reason that I've been able to buy into OTF is similar to why MFP has worked for me. It's the "gamification" aspect.

The ultimate goal is to get to a target weight and fitness level, but being able to put tangible numbers to that on a daily basis helps keep me going. Because you get real-time feedback during the OTF workout, I find that I'm more likely to push myself more. Then the ultimate payoff of logging those calories burned in MFP is nice.

My wallet wishes that a more traditional gym would work for me, but I've been down that route and I had to be honest with myself to say that the extra $$ is worth it because I actually saw myself getting into it.