Had a baby and I'm starting my journey all over.

Options
My son is now 10months and it's been so hard to get back to my workout regiment. I'm here to give and get a little motivation. Serious people only. 60lb weightloss goal.

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that hitting the gym isn't necessary for weight loss. You can reach your 60lbs goal simply by eating less. Exercising is great for health, but it could be something simple like walking with your new baby!

For best results, you may want to grab a digital food scale and start weighing your portions. Accurate food logging will go a long way in helping you reach your goal. :)
  • midab1987
    midab1987 Posts: 6 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Thank you and yes I went out and brought all I needed and I also want to tone and build lean muscle.
  • dlhatch67
    dlhatch67 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If you are breastfeeding, you should check in with your doctor before drastically reducing your calories. You might still need them for milk production. That aside, I agree with @toxikon. When I had my twins in 2004, I pushed the double stroller at both morning and afternoon naps for a couple of hours each stretch. Not only did it keep the babies sleeping, it was good for both my mental and physical health. Eventually, when your baby is walking and running around, you'll be on your feet constantly.
  • jess4191990
    jess4191990 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My baby is 2 months (also have a 4 year old), and I'm hoping to lose 25-30 lbs. I've already lost about 20 from what I gained while pregnant. I've previously lost about 70 lbs (goal weight will get me to 100 lbs lost). It's tough, but you can do it. If you are nursing you typically need 300-500 extra calories a day (according to my lactation consultant), if not no worries. Big thing for me is make your exercise fun. I use my kids as weights. Lol. Bench presses, lay them on my legs for leg lifts, stuff like that. It becomes a game, and is easier to get done in my opinion.
  • midab1987
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the support.
  • MelAb8709
    MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My little is 10 months too (oldest is 2.5) and I never lost the weight I gained with #1, so I've also got a 50-60 lb loss ahead of me. It seems so daunting right now! Especially because my little guy still wakes at night for a feeding (I'm not nursing) and I work full time, so it's really hard to consistently find time to work out. In the morning, it's very hard to find the will to get up early when I was just up a few hours ago feeding the baby and getting him back to sleep. Then after work, I want to spend time with my kids instead of going to work out! So, the focus needs to be on nutrition and there's plenty of work to be done there (for me at least). Good luck! Feel free to add me if ya want.
  • midab1987
    Options
    @MelAb8709 we're on the same page. I work 9hours a day, 2hours of traffic, 1 1/2 to cook, 45mins of homework, 1 1/2 hours showering and preparing for the next day, than the hubby and kids QT. I'm still trying to figure out where I fit in, in my own life.
  • anastasiadietitian
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com/videos. Lots of workouts you can do at home with various time and equipment requirements