5'8.5" ladiess (5'8-5'9)

Options
whaaats up! I got measured at the doc yesterday, and apparently i'm 5'8.5".. i thought I was 5'7", so ya!

Just wondering what all your goals are? I think i'm setting my goal at 127, but I'm good at 130 i think!

LET ME KNOW YOURSS

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Ha! You did grow!

My goal is set to 145 but really it's to lose as body fat as it takes to actually be happy with my thighs. Not sure at what weight that'll happen.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Oh and congrats on the ticker!
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    wow! I wonder if i'm actually taller than I say I am, I've been saying 5'7" for years haha.

My goal is around 135, but I'll probably not even go that low...I'm pretty curvy, I don't have a small frame like you! But you look great, I say at this point, just maintain!

Btw, did you ever talk to the BF's ex girlfriend about MFP!? I kept meaning to follow up with that!
  • LyssaPearl
    LyssaPearl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey tall girls! I'd LOVE to get down to about 135-140....IF my body looks good like that! Husband says he wouldn't like it, but I think he'll change his mind ;) My only worry is if my boobs will look disproportionate!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    wow! I wonder if i'm actually taller than I say I am, I've been saying 5'7" for years haha.

My goal is around 135, but I'll probably not even go that low...I'm pretty curvy, I don't have a small frame like you! But you look great, I say at this point, just maintain!

Btw, did you ever talk to the BF's ex girlfriend about MFP!? I kept meaning to follow up with that!

lol no i did not. i was too scared haha. she's scarey. and I also don't think she is ready to lose the weight type of thing I'm pretty sure.
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    The "healthy" BMI range for someone your height (5 8 1/2) is 123.5 - 166.9. That's quite a range, huh? I'm 5 foot 8 inches. I just want to get INTO the healthy BMI category! I'm shooting for somewhere between 160 and 165. I was there 14 years ago and felt great!
  • ensoleille
    Options
    Mine is whenever I feel happy but deffinatly stopping at 126 (9 stone) which is the lowest I can be in the healthy range. :)
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hey...I'm 5'9" and I'm aiming for 130lbs, eventually...but gonna see how I'm feeling around 140lbs :-))
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    This topic makes me the happiest ever. 5'8.5 is the best height ever, amirite?

But seriously, my goal weight is 145. I think I'll probably want to knock off another 5 lbs once I get there, whatever it takes to get to 19-22% body fat. :)
  • TerraHerring1
    TerraHerring1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get to 135. I started at 150 and weighed in at 148 this morning. I was around 127-130 before I had my son 12yrs ago and i was too thin in my opinion but about 135 would be just right and thats if I tone up too, thats the worst part!!

I'm right at 5'8"
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and I am aiming for 150, I had a baby back in January and am about 37lbs away from that 150 goal. I think 150 will be good for me as I have more of a pear shaped curvy frame and I don't want to lose my curves.
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    You might find thi information in this link helpful too. Since you know what your body fat % is, it helps to figure out what a realistic weight would be. No reason to lose muscle! It's the FAT that we want to get rid of!

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/body-fat-chart.php
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Mine was 127 and I hit it!

Now i just need to hit the gym more to build some muscle tone.

I think it depends on the person's build. I am a small slender frame.
  • kamyers521
    Options
    I would love to get to 130, but I'd be thrilled/ecstatic to go a little lower than that. 130 is the base goal right now, though-- I'm currently 140 lbs. at 5'9", so 10 lbs to go!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm 5'8.5'' and my current goal is in the middle of the healthy bmi range at 146 pounds. I'll probably drop down to 135 but I'm more worried about muscle tone!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9 and my GW was 143 which I got to and when i switched to maintenance dropped another 1lb!? Now concentrating on toning up...and still trying to get rid of the jelly belly gah!
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My goal weight right now is 150 (I'm 7 lbs away), but I think I want to get down to 140. And who knows after that, I'm just going by how I look and feel. I've got pretty wide hips so I don't know how I would look at 130.
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you, aiming for 140. I'll never be able to maintain any lower (having previously been 129)
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I just want to get to 139 to say I lost half my weight from pregnancy, haha. Really, I wouldn't mind being 140-145 as long as I'm toned. The picture in my profile in the red sweatshirt is 140. I think it's a decent weight for me as I have huge hips.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    The "healthy" BMI range for someone your height (5 8 1/2) is 123.5 - 166.9. That's quite a range, huh? I'm 5 foot 8 inches. I just want to get INTO the healthy BMI category! I'm shooting for somewhere between 160 and 165. I was there 14 years ago and felt great!

I'm 5'8" and I'm only going for 155-160. I'm happy there, otherwise I feel like a stick.