Losing one week then gaining the next!

Options
Can anyone help, am feeling discouraged. Was under calories all week. Doing and eating the right things but have gained back what I lost last week.. Did not exercise this week as was sick but stayed under cal food wise. Any help/ideas please.

Replies

• Sparrow_Feet
    Sparrow_Feet Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary up as this will help others see what you are eating and recommend any changes etc. Also, it would be great to know what your daily calorie goal is (without exercise factored in) and what loss / week you have set your target to.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Overeat for one day, then go back to your diet...worked for me. (go for beween 500 - 700 cals) I am on 1200 cals a day with MFP
  • rainbowbuggy
    Options
    Yes please open your diary. That would help us help you. Hang in there, there are alot of helpful people here. You will get there.
  • rainbowbuggy
    Options
    Yes please open your diary. That would help us help you. Hang in there, there are alot of helpful people here. You will get there.
  • budkow
    budkow Posts: 39
    Options
    Don't forget that the daily calories may not have an immediate impact. Try not to look at it on a day by day or week by week basis (I know, it's hard and I do it too...). Keep going and stick with it and try to mix things up. Don't let your body get used to your food or exercise. Go for a walk if it's nice out instead of being inside in the gym.

The body is a weird thing...it does what it wants which isn't always what WE want. Just trust that if you're eating and acting healthy it will all end out in your favor in the long run. :smile:
  • Janice4945
    Janice4945 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you have been sick your whole system is out of whack. Just get back with it, eating right and exercising and it will come back off. It is normal for weight to fluxuate, especially if you have been sick. Don't give up!
  • Hokiegirl11
    Options
    Don't give up yet. There could be many factors, without your diary it is hard to say. But how much are you under eating? Sometimes if you eat too much under your metabolism can slow down or if you eat too much salt you could be gaining water weight. There are so many possible factors. Most of which can be fixed with a little care in your diet. Good luck!
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, that has happened to me more than once, but I realized eating a ton under my caloric target isnt the best thing to do, body thinks you are starving it and will make it harder to loose when you really have to cut down to those calories. Keep your head in the game and figure out what was different week over week. You will start to learn what your body does and doesnt do.
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    If you are already feeling better, then it is time to look forward to a better week.

You may have starved yourself when you were not feeling good. Your body needed those nutrients while you were feeling under the weather.

Start back up, eat no less than your minimum calories, and eat some if not all your exercise calories back. Don't starve yourself.

Better week ahead for you!
  • smaday
    smaday Posts: 5
    Options
    Have just opened up my diary and gone back over my week, and did overeat my calories for the first 3 days last week (I weigh in on Friday) and no exercise, so have just answered my own question. Thanks all much appreciated..