Help! Should i try ro loose weight, or maintain my current weight?

Options
Im 5 ft 3 inches talI, and Weigh 130 pounds. My waiste is 28.6 inches, and idk if this is important but my thighs are 21 inches. I have no idea if i should loose weight or just maintain my weight.

Replies

• brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That's up to you. You're the only person who knows what you look and feel like.
  • yweight1969
    yweight1969 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your already at a healthy weight, what is your goal?
  • edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It appears your at your ideal weight. If your unsatisfied with your appearance, I would consider hitting the weights. You got smaller, which is a huge feet. But if you’re done shrinking and want to actually change your physique, strength training is your best route.
  • seething101
    seething101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 120 lbs
  • iosephdion
    iosephdion Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    seems like you are a pretty good weight, maybe try lifting if you aren't happy with the results still
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 120 lbs

Both weights seem perfectly reasonable to me. So it's really up to you. If you aren't happy with how you look, adding in some exercise, especially strength training, can really help. Just understand that since you are a healthy weight, any progress will be slow so you have to be patient.

If you want to try to lose a little more, set your goal to lose half-a-lb per week and see how it goes. If you get down to 120 and decide it's too low, you can always gain a few back, maybe put on a little muscle :smile:
  • seething101
    seething101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If im already at a healtht weight but I still dont like my apearance would i be able to improve my physique by adding some muscle? - weight training then?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Yes, weight training in some form would improve your physique. It is not a fast endeavour, but you will probably like the results of 130 lbs after weight training more than you would like the result of just losing 10 more lbs and having the same but smaller shape.

Try maintaining your weight and lifting for 6 months. If you like the progression you are making, carry on.
    If you don't see your body transforming the way you would like, try a .5 lbs a week, or less deficit, while you continue lifting.

Some programmes
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Cheers, h.

This recomposition thread is a great read too.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1