Really slow weight loss

Hi I’m only losing 1-2lbs every2 weeks idk what I’m doing wrong I’m having about 1,300 cals a day eating clean as a MF go the gym twice a week and have a very physical job ?? Why can’t I budge this weight I’m starting to lose my mind so much. Thank you

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    What would you consider a good rate of loss?
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    That's perfect! I'm sorry it's such a slow process. But stay strong and it will happen!
  • batorkin
    batorkin Posts: 281 Member
    That's a good rate.
  • ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    Slow and steady wins the race.... ;)
  • ahsnider22
    ahsnider22 Posts: 4 Member
    I’m in the same boat! But I keep telling myself no “transformation” happened in a three weeks! It takes months! Which can be discouraging but we have to keep going and will look back and be like damn girl! Good luck!
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 868 Member
    How fast did you put on the weight? Were you gaining more than a pound a week on the way up? If not, why would you expect to lose weight at such a pace?

You said you were "only losing" such and such. Any loss is a good loss. Congratulations. Isn't that better than gaining?
  • kiracookie
    kiracookie Posts: 50 Member
    I know how you feel.
    About 10 years ago I lost 4st in 12 weeks and now that I’m trying to lose weight in a healthier way it feels like it’s not happening.
    I’m having trouble losing at all this time tho Iv noticed a difference in my composition.
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    I just dont get what some people want tbh.

Patience
  • Janice6543
    Janice6543 Posts: 92 Member
    I figure slow and steady is the way to go. It is good preparation for how you will have to eat when you reach your goal weight.
  • SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    Slow loss is still loss. It’s easy to be impatient but try to stay strong - you’re going in the right direction :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I think your expectations are just out of wack...losing weight is a slow process. Also, you have to look at the average trend over time...like weeks and months...normal body weight fluctuations can and do mask fat loss.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    BeckySTc wrote: »
    Hi I’m only losing 1-2lbs every2 weeks idk what I’m doing wrong I’m having about 1,300 cals a day eating clean as a MF go the gym twice a week and have a very physical job ?? Why can’t I budge this weight I’m starting to lose my mind so much. Thank you

I don't understand the question. You are losing weight. It's budging.