Forget you donughts in the break room!

Options
I'm NOT going to eat you. I'm not even going to do what I normally do which is jam you in my mouth and eat you before someone walks in and sees me. (If you eat REALLY fast standing up over the sink it doesn't count right?) Sure you're sweet and yummy...but I'm leaving you! We're done! And this time it's not me...it's you! :smile:

Replies

• beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I don't think I can break up with mine that easily. The maple bar and I are seriously committed.
  • hanes222
    hanes222 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Haha best part about this is I know exactly what you are talkin about. . . I had that same conversation with the pizza in the breakroom yesterday. Cheers to stayin strong! :drinker:
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    the famous "eat it before anyone sees" move...which rides on the theory, "if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" :bigsmile:
  • budkow
    budkow Posts: 39
    Options
    Haha best part about this is I know exactly what you are talkin about. . . I had that same conversation with the pizza in the breakroom yesterday. Cheers to stayin strong! :drinker:
    There's pizza in the break room??? I'll be right back............ :smile:
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    Ahhhh good for you!!! Sometimes it takes a bit of MEAN TALK to walk away from something delish in the breakroom....Some days I have to talk myself away from the candy dishes that are scattered around our offices...:D Whatever it takes, right?!
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I don't think I can break up with mine that easily. The maple bar and I are seriously committed.

YEP! I'm all for a maple bar and will make my food plan work with it - even if I'm over in sugar or fat. As long as I'm under calories, I'm good!
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh good for you!!! Sometimes it takes a bit of MEAN TALK to walk away from something delish in the breakroom....Some days I have to talk myself away from the candy dishes that are scattered around our offices...:D Whatever it takes, right?!

I'd love to sneak around one night and replace all the candy with baby carrots, celery sticks, raisins, apples, bananas, single-serving prunes, soy nuts, etc... Can you imagine the faces?!? .... Maybe we should all try this! See if we can make it stick :D
  • budkow
    budkow Posts: 39
    Options
    I don't even let myself go over to the "candy corners" anymore. One of my coworker's wife is a freaking BAKER and when she practices a recipe he'll bring it in. Cake, pie, cookies...and she's GOOD. Ugh...

I always keep a good supply of 100-calorie snacks at my desk. Chocolate powdered almonds, Smart Fries, Pop Chips, popcorn, etc. Not the same as homemade apple crisp, but still. :-)
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    I don't even let myself go over to the "candy corners" anymore. One of my coworker's wife is a freaking BAKER and when she practices a recipe he'll bring it in. Cake, pie, cookies...and she's GOOD. Ugh...

I always keep a good supply of 100-calorie snacks at my desk. Chocolate powdered almonds, Smart Fries, Pop Chips, popcorn, etc. Not the same as homemade apple crisp, but still. :-)

Oh goodness...I can't imagine having all of those delicious treats in the break room....I do have myself semi-trained though, and I just get in and out for my coffee as QUICKLY as possible.....