Hit a plateau for 2 months what to do now?

Options
Hi All,

I started in Januari '17 100Kg and 112cm waist.
I completed the Insanity course of 60 days and felt great.
Not knowing what to i do with my time i started over again.

Since then i have completed Insanity 3 times and do it 4-5 per week as a sport.
You must know that i live remote so a Gym with weights is not nearby.
I do everything from home.

Result so far 85Kg and waist 100cm.

6uvbar4jruq6.png

This was great till after the holidays.
I saw no results anymore, not loosing weight, not getting any smaller.
While i do the same things and eat healthy.

Recently i bought an apple watch to track what i am doing.
Started with MyFitnessPal to keep track of my calories.
And i still do 60 minutes cardio per day. (morning 20 minutes HITT and evening 40 minutes HITT)
I eat approximately 250 calories less then i need too loose weight.

But i can't loose the last 5Kg !!
please help and advice.
I don't need a 6 pack but 80kg would be nice..

Robert

Replies

• robertvanollefen
    Options
    thx for your quick reply and chart.
    I will using MFP and see if i am on target with my calories.
    give it some more time i guess
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Drop your calories. Whatever number you are eating now, drop 250 from your daily goal.
  • robertvanollefen
    Options
    Male 49 86kg 1450calories per day.
    there is not much to drop without getting problems with the muscles..
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Double check the entries you are using in the database - many have been incorrectly entered by other users, Avoid generic and "homemade" entries you didn't create, you have no idea who came up with those numbers or how they prepared the food. Get a food scale and use it for all solids for a couple of weeks, it will give you a better idea of how much you are eating. There is no reason an adult male wouldn't be dropping a lot of weight eating 1450 cals plus exercising, you are most likely eating more than you think. It is really common for anyone not weighing out their portions, and is an easy fix! Good luck!
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    If you haven't lost weight in two months then you're not eating 250 calories less than you need to in order to lose weight. You're not in a deficit, you'll want to adjust your calories to get back into a deficit.

^ this
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

You're miscounting calories or leaving out details, such as you are bed-bound or something like that. An 189 lb male with no medical issues will not maintain his weight for two months straight while eating 1450 calories per day.

How many calories are you actually ingesting? Not netting per MFP.
  • batorkin
    batorkin Posts: 281 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Eating 1450-1500 calories/day as a male and not losing is basically impossible, even with zero exercise. Fix your logging mistakes.
  • ammo7
    ammo7 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Well done on your results so far.
    As others have mentioned, there is likely a problem in how you are logging your food. We've all had to learn about how to log accurately too - it's normal to have some things that you have overlooked (e.g. not using correct entries, or just estimating portion sizes, or missing whole days of logging).
    Sometimes it helps to have feedback on your food diary, so that you can start addressing these logging issues - you could make your food diary public so that we can help to point you in the right direction.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1
    Congratulations on your weight loss and fitness! You might find the above thread interesting. Adaptive thermogenesis can slow your weight loss down if you have been severely restricting your calories for a long time, which is what it sounds like you've been doing. Also, cortisol levels can become elevated because of the stress of dieting can cause water retention, masking whatever fat loss you've had. Best of luck figuring things out and getting to your goal!
  • robertvanollefen
    Options
    sgtx81 wrote: »
    How tall are you?

I am 178cm
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Ive plateaued for 3 months and i know its because ive been lazy with weighing foods and logging EVERYTHING. A bite here, a tiny bit of cheese there, it all adds up. Reassess, log honestly and keep going. Good luck :)
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    This happened to me as well and I found I had gotten lazy with my measuring. Some things I ate every day were not weighed because I assumed I knew how much to eat and I had alot of bites and tastes here and there of things. Still some of it seemed to be my body just holding on to water. Lots of things affect this. My doc changed my meds and that threw me off among other things. Finally I asked just as you have and several of the long time people on here suggested a diet break at maintenance calories. I did that and when I got back to restricting I had a better attitude, I was motivated and I started losing again albeit very slowly. In the end it was worth it to take a break. As you get closer to goal it is harder to lose so weight loss definately slows down. I also seem to be one of those people who requires less than average calories. I've found maintenance is actually a couple hundred less than expected but who knows I can't swear I don't steal a chip or two here and there or taste some dessert hubby has so that can add up really quickly. Good luck my friend and don't get discouraged. It took me a year to lose the last 20 pounds.