Looking for supportive people for a Bariatric Surgery journey

Options
Hi my name is Amy and I am in my second month of the 6month waiting period for RNY Gastric Bypass surgery and looking for people who will help support me as well as me supporting them through the process.

Replies

• Kabakdc
    Kabakdc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy, I had a RNY 11 months ago. I'm down 108 pounds and infinitely healthier, stronger, and happier. Best decision I've ever made. I'm happy to be part of your support system on MFP, if you like!
  • hmfreenme
    hmfreenme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks I would love to have all the support I can get. So far I am doing really well and I have about 3 months before I will be scheduled for my surgery. Thanks for replying and offering support.
  • jessicakes1988
    jessicakes1988 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy,

It has been a really long process for me and I am seeking support too. I had complications from the lapband and I have been going through the process of getting my insurance to cover a conversion surgery. I am now on a 3 month diet before I can get approved from my insurance. I am hoping to lose as much as I can by then, but not more than what clears me for the surgery (if that makes sense). PM me if you want to chat or have an accountablility partner. I know what to expect this time around with surgery and better know how to manage things. ETA for my surgery will be March 2018.
  • KeThur_18
    KeThur_18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I’m just starting my gastric surgery process planning to have a gastric bypass
  • kbarrett13
    kbarrett13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just had bypass three days ago. I’d love to be your friend on here!
  • beantownslimdown
    Options
    I’m 4 months out from RNY, I’d love to have other bariatric friends on here.
  • tiggerstails75
    tiggerstails75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 15 months out 130 lbs down from sleeve. I am looking for Bariatric fit bit friends as well. Please feel free to add me if you like .
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of being approved for sleeve. Projected surgery is Feb 2019 (12 month pre-op program required by my insurance). Feel free to add if you'd like, food diary is open to friends - but Ive only gotten back on tracking recently :smiley:
  • LoseitAlannah
    LoseitAlannah Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I too am waiting for a surgery date and it looks like it could be this fall.

I am looking for friends, please add me
  • Debra_LMB
    Debra_LMB Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Had RNY in 2013, lost 80 lbs but did not make my goal weight. I am here today because I want to get back on track and finish what I started. Please feel free to send me a request if you like.

To everyone else, my doctor told me there is something magical about the first 7 months after surgery. You should strive to lose all you can in that time frame!
  • Jdigs88
    Jdigs88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve in July 2017, and would love more bariatric friends - feel free to add me! I'm down 90 lbs since the 10day preop diet started :). Only 60 more to go...
  • Freeburrd
    Freeburrd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I had RNY gastric bypass on 12/5, down 31.5 lbs! Ill friend you.
  • smoothgrl
    smoothgrl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Looking for some support as well. I'm almost 2 years out from VSG and an experiencing the dreaded regain. Ugh!!! :(
  • Ashgoi67
    Ashgoi67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was recently sleeved 12-14-17 and would love to find people on the same journey! I’m down 33 lbs since my pre op diet. Of course, I still have a ways to go but no regrets! :) Add me if you want!
  • Faithhopenlove
    Faithhopenlove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey sleeved 11/28/16 down 90lbs I'm looking for friends to help keep me in track feel free to add me
  • ruthlessflower
    ruthlessflower Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends who have started or completed the pathway. I’m pre-op. Just waiting for a date.