Favorite Vegan and Non Processed High Protein Recipes

Options
lmkhx5
lmkhx5 Posts: 1 Member
Hello!

I'm looking for high protein vegan recipes that don't include processed foods (i.e. Tofu, pre frozen food, etc.).

Let me know your recipes! Thank you!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Beans.
  • tinhprivia
    tinhprivia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This grilled mushroom burger is better than a regular beef burger. Honestly! You get the same feel of having a patty and all the tasty toppings in between a bun, but you won’t feel lethargic after downing a bunch of beef.
  • OHammykins
    OHammykins Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love making spaghetti bolognese - egg free pasta, passata, all the veggies and a tin of mixed beans. It's a nice hearty meal that leaves me feeling warm and full (especially this time of year!) And it's easy to make in bulk for meal prep.
  • Artemis58
    Artemis58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here is one of my favorites. BBQ lentils over potatoes.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,614 Member
    Options
    My mom just gave me a really good nut loaf.
    1 c. Tofu and 1/2 c. Water
    2 garlic cloves
    1T. Braggs or 2 t. Soysauce
    1/4 c. Gluten flour or cornstarch
    1 1/2t.salt
    1 T. Onion powder
    1 t.ground sage
    3-4 c. Soft whole grain bread crumbs
    2c pecans ( could use walnuts,almonds,peanuts,sunflowerseeds or cashews)
    Blend tofu with water,garlic and seasonings
    Combine remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl,add the tofu mixure,mix well. Place mixure in ouled or a not stick loaf pan cover with foil.bake at 350 for 1 hr. Remove the foil and bake another 30 min. Let set 5 min. After removing from oven to cool and set up some. Remove from the pan. Turn upside down on serving dish and serve ith either a gravy or sweet and sour tomato sauce. Makes 10 servings
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I made this again this week. Definitely my favorite. Depends on if you consider Peanut Butter processed. Nothing really else is highly processed in it. I use lime juice, not vinegar. This is amazing. Better the same day but also good leftover. If you want it leftover, better to withhold some dressing.

https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/04/crunchy-cashew-thai-quinoa-salad-with-ginger-peanut-dressing/

Another one of my favorites is in FOK - it's a Maple Mustard Kale Salad with fresh vegetables.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I really like this:

Quinoa with Black Beans

It calls for corn, but my mom didn't eat corn so I tried it with red bell pepper instead and I prefer it.