7 minute workout

Options
7 Minute Workout is an app I ran across on Google Play. I have been using it for a couple of weeks. Does anyone else use it? Can honestly say 7 minutes has never made me feel so tired and sweaty.

Replies

• laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded it today.
  • amyrichard34
    amyrichard34 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Used it a couple of times in a pinch. Gets boring pretty fast though. You can get tabata or hiit apps that do the timing for you so you can mix it up.
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Not to rain on your parade or be negative but if anyone wants to get in shape, lose weight etc.. why would you only workout for 7 minutes? Seems pretty pointless. Should be a minimum of 20 minutes wheather it's cardio, weights, or cross training. I've never heard of anyone only working out for 7 minutes. Just saying.
  • kellyjesse
    kellyjesse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Everyone loves to slag off this workout. But if you did this just three times a week with enough effort to bust a sweat you will get stronger and you will steadily feel the results. It's the perfect compliment to a healthy diet. It may not replaced a 9mile run or 3hr mountain bike, but it is infinitely better than no workout. I recommend it to all my athletes, especially for when an epic ride just isn't feasible. Pro tip, do this workout right before you shower for a night out; you'll enjoy the night that much more for it.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    The 7 min workout is the only cardio I use!!! 5 days a week.....yep it works for me :)
  • summerkissed
    Options
    oilphins wrote: »
    Not to rain on your parade or be negative but if anyone wants to get in shape, lose weight etc.. why would you only workout for 7 minutes? Seems pretty pointless. Should be a minimum of 20 minutes wheather it's cardio, weights, or cross training. I've never heard of anyone only working out for 7 minutes. Just saying.

You've now found one person that uses this as her only cardio!!!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    I like it because it hits all the main muscle groups quickly and you can do it just once for the 7 min. or do it 3 or 4 times in a row. Considering the last move is a side plank I think the whole routine should be done twice so that you can do the side plank on each side.
  • summerkissed
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I like it because it hits all the main muscle groups quickly and you can do it just once for the 7 min. or do it 3 or 4 times in a row. Considering the last move is a side plank I think the whole routine should be done twice so that you can do the side plank on each side.

The one I use is different everyday, but mine is plyometrics so it's all jumping around.....literally lol frog jumps are great fun :smiley: kids think so as well! It's called Sworkit
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

The one I use is different everyday, but mine is plyometrics so it's all jumping around.....literally lol frog jumps are great fun :smiley: kids think so as well! It's called Sworkit

Oh, variety is even better! I'll check that one out. Thank you!
  • Hulbert0089
    Hulbert0089 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ive had it on my phone for a few weeks. Tried it today in the office and it was effective even with a suit on. Will do it again for sure.
  • 4rreds
    4rreds Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    how do you log it on the MyFitnessPal? i was hoping that it was already in, you know, as the package workout. Or is this a silly question?
  • 4rreds
    4rreds Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    BTW, i really like it. Very compact and efficient, but still provides the burn . . .
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    4rreds wrote: »
    how do you log it on the MyFitnessPal? i was hoping that it was already in, you know, as the package workout. Or is this a silly question?

Probably log as calisthenics, or some intensity of aerobic workout, depending on the nature of the activities included.

The database doesn't list every specialized app/YouTube workout, so just pick the one that seems the closest type.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    7 minutes??!? Who has that kind of time?