Help with weight loss ideas and activitys.

Options
EmmiePoun
EmmiePoun Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2017 in Getting Started
So I have been trying to lose weight but it seems no matter how hard I exercise (which I do everyday) or how healthy I eat, I can't lose weight! So if there are some weight loss tips, tricks or other ideas for a weight loss rookie like me that would be awesome! Thank you!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Have you tried counting your calories and eating in a deficit? Doesn't matter how 'healthy' you eat, if you're not in a deficit you won't lose weight.

Snap! This was my thought too
  • Inspirationalwaterjug
    Options
    Double Damn; that was also gonna be my
    Comment.
  • FlowerPower8579
    FlowerPower8579 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sorry to jump on your post here but I am also struggling. I am eating in a calorie deficit every day. (Under 1,700) swimming, running, and Zumba-ing every week. I would say I have an active lifestyle, yet I am stuck in a rut. My thinking is I am at a plateau. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • awingo5193
    awingo5193 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Have you adjusted your calorie goal as weight is gained or lost? You may be eating the wrong amount of calories especially if you've lost weight since originally calculating it. If you do a lot of strength training without cardio, you may be gaining muscle in place of lost fat which wouldn't necessarily show a change on the scale.
  • change4char
    change4char Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The only time I see weight loss is when I measure all my food on a food scale. It's a great investment!