why do i feel this way

Options
Ok so I have been eating my right amount of calories and exercising but the past two days I have felt horrible and bloated and look like i gained 10 pounds. I do not want to discouraged but I'm really having a problem with this any advice ? :heart:

Replies

• SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    HOws your sodium intake? open your diary
  • lilleah102285
    lilleah102285 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i have stayed away from salt because i cant eat alot of it anyway so that has been ok today i did try more protein to see if that may help. I just do not want to do what i have done in the past and get discouraged and go back to my old ways...
  • ARighteousWoman
    Options
    Ok so I have been eating my right amount of calories and exercising but the past two days I have felt horrible and bloated and look like i gained 10 pounds. I do not want to discouraged but I'm really having a problem with this any advice ? :heart:

yeah, you might be retaining water.....check your salt intake..
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    that's usually how I fell when my aunt flow comes to town
  • ARighteousWoman
    Options
    i have stayed away from salt because i cant eat alot of it anyway so that has been ok today i did try more protein to see if that may help. I just do not want to do what i have done in the past and get discouraged and go back to my old ways...

lol - just saw your response after i sent mine....
    hmm...thats interesting... i would check with the doctor... or are you almost on your cycle?
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Water retention maybe?
    You may be eating salts in food without realizing it.
    Are you due on your period? x
  • hcam8
    hcam8 Posts: 69
    Options
    or just wait a couple of days...2 days youve been feeling a bit bloated? so what! a change in your diet can affect how your guts work...haha gross but true! wait up wait up!! chill x
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Increasing the vegies you eat and/or your fiber will cause you to feel bloated until your body adjusts to it. But, eating as many fresh vegies as you can is also a great way to stay full longer (along with adding more protein like fish, chicken and egg whites) and get your vitamins. Also, you really need to drink at least 8 cups of water a day or more. that too can leave you feeling bloated at first, until your body adjusts. Hang in there! It should get better if you're eating enough and the right foods.
  • PeytonSwan
    PeytonSwan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Are you eating after 6p.m? I've noticed that I feel bloated (even the next day) after eating too much in the evenings ..
  • kimmer070467
    Options
    Have you been drinking lots of water? Sometimes if you are not used to drinking alot of water, your body will kind of hold on to it.... but just keep drinking and then it will start to flush your body out.

What are you eating? and what are you doing for exercise?

Kim
  • joimichele
    joimichele Posts: 382
    Options
    If you are exercising you could be gaining muscle.
  • lilleah102285
    Options
    I have been drinking tons of water about 12 glasses a day my body is not use to that. I use to drink mountain dew like it was water lol :) and i do not have cycles to answere those questions havent for 5 years now thank goodness :) um... I try not to eat after six but i did last night so that could be it :( thank you guys i feel alot better now and now i'm gonna go work this icky feeling off on the ski machine my new favorite exercise machine :)
    thank you all so much :)
  • lilleah102285
    Options
    I have been exercising every day walking everywheres now including to work which i hated at first but now i wouldnt change it for anything!!!!!!!
  • ARighteousWoman
    Options
    FEEL BETTER! :)
  • lilleah102285
    Options
    thank you i dont feel better in the body but in the mind i feel great thanks to you guys :)