New member - post op Bariatric Surgery

Options
Marma802
Marma802 Posts: 18 Member
edited October 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all. I am new to my fitness pal and am 3 weeks post open Bariatric surgery. I am looking for friends who have gone through the surgery, who are thinking about going through the surgery or just people who are good motivators and support! Everyone is welcome! The more the merrier! I am hoping to be cleared to work out on the 9th so that will be a New stage for me!

Replies

• ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Aint2Proud2Meg
    Aint2Proud2Meg Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have not had the surgery, but feel free to add!
  • gettingdownto150
    gettingdownto150 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Please please add me! My surgery is rapidly approaching and I would really appreciate some friends who have been there/are there with me!
  • ladytru84
    ladytru84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've had lapband surgery add me
  • rebeccamckeown500
    rebeccamckeown500 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Get better soon pal. I’d like friends to share fitness and health tips with if you’re interested :).
  • dcole0727
    dcole0727 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in last part- will be submitted for insurance approval next month for sleeve. Would love to be part
  • Learningtoloveme2
    Options
    Me too! Congrats
  • Marma802
    Marma802 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for reaching out. I have sent you all friend requests!
  • KeThur_18
    KeThur_18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I’m just starting my process down 10lbs planning on having bypass towards the end of the year
  • wlsami
    wlsami Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had RNY 9/26/17 and I'm looking for friends for mutual support.
  • CynthiaW1025
    CynthiaW1025 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had my GBP on 8.22.17. Down 60 lbs since June. Its coming off slowly but steadily. I am new to MFP so I am not sure how to add friends, but feel free to add me :)
  • Fatinah23
    Fatinah23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anyone on this board, please add me! Looking for support as well and people that are going through or have been through this process! :)
  • bebek10
    bebek10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

Congratulations on your new health and fitness chapter!

I can’t seem to send you a friend request. I had VSG on 5-30-17. I’m down 84 pounds in 5 months, and 20 pounds from my ultimate goal.

Feel free to add me!
  • lobatoluz
    lobatoluz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Please add me! I had VSG on 10/5/2017 and would love to get ideas, recipes, and just talk to fellow bariatric patients :)
  • roshnishanks
    roshnishanks Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I had my GBP on 8.22.17. Down 60 lbs since June. Its coming off slowly but steadily. I am new to MFP so I am not sure how to add friends, but feel free to add me :)

I had my gastric bypass the same day! Unfortunately only down 40lbs, I developed a rapid heartbeat after surgery and am taking a beta blocker that has stopped all weight looss since I started it six weeks ago, all my weight loss is pre the drug. My surgeon and gp say it's not the drug, butnothing has changed, so I'm having a barium study on November 27th.My hair is thinnning and falling out. I'm scared to hell I've done something I shouldn't have. Still throwing up, pain after eating, and seriously anxious, depressed...

I'd like to join the group for support, if you could add me.
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I’m having VSG in about 2 weeks. Really wanting to find a support group.
  • amberm912
    amberm912 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    just got my sleeve on 12/14/17! Please add me too
  • amykwi2014
    amykwi2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I am 3 weeks from my surgery. Please add me. I haven't told anyone but my husband. Not work, not children. I'm so nervous.
  • wagskk2
    wagskk2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Please add me too! Roux en y done November 13th. Would love to talk to others about this journey
  • markjoy511
    markjoy511 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dial me in Plz..... Roux N Y Jan 22, 2018