Not losing weight

Options
It's been 6 days that I am stuck at same weight.....
I am under 1200 calories, trying my best at cardio.
I'm feeling hungrier, grumpier, and.... Heart broken.

Replies

• HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    6 days isn't even a week gone by yet. What are your stats?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    6 days without losing is fine, especially if you’re new to exercise. Have some patience and make sure you’re hitting 1200 calories and not coming in under.
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Minimum calorie allowance for women is 1200 calories. If you eat less than that, it's hard to be properly nourished. Also, if you're hungry and grumpy you won't be able to stick to your new eating plan. So eat more calories and include food you'd be happy eating for the rest of your life. You need a long-term attitude to this. If you earn calories from exercise, eat some of those back too. And 6 days in is too early to be worried about weight loss - your weight will fluctuate so you need to focus on creating a downward trend. Patience, grasshopper.
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    @Rajani1996, as others have noted, you need to be patient. I am 4.5 months postpartum and am working to get back to my prepregnancy weight--I'm 7 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight so I need to keep logging consistent and tight.
    Just FYI, over the past two weeks, I went from 158 (lowest so far), then back up to 161. Down again to 160, and up to 161. Finally today I weighed in at 157. It took two weeks to go from one low of 158 to the next low of 157.

exercise.png

• sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    New exercise = water retention
    Give it time and keep at it, you'll happy with the results soon
    edit: dont be scared to eat more food too. :smile:
  • the_prez3
    the_prez3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    6 days is far too short of a timeframe. This definitely requires a crockpot mentality, not a microwave. Also, 1200 calories is probably way too low especially considering the added activity of cardio. The scale is measuring total weight, not fat alone. More patience is required.