Stress eating

Options
ilana577
ilana577 Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hi yall
So I am currently in college and it is finals week...
And I am having issues with stress eating issues from finals and I don't know what to do.
So if anyone can give me tips on what to do instead or how to stop or even just support it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Replies

• JDaniels1125
    JDaniels1125 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im sorry you're so stressed out. Try chewing gum to give you the feeling of eating without actually eating.
  • hisamazinggirl
    hisamazinggirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes gum or eat super free jello. 5 calories each .
  • moniemom
    moniemom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest gum too. Also, water, flavored waters, carbonated water, teas, plain coffee, any low calorie drink to keep your mouth busy sipping vs eating. and then it will keep you hydrated and full as well. If you can, maybe try going for a walk to clear your mind or find a place where you are away from the opportunity to snack. Close your eyes and take 10 full deep breaths. Good luck on finals (maybe I am too late and they are over by now? but for the next time!) Stress eating is hard for a lot of people. You are not alone in that. Good luck.
  • cjgirlie2005
    cjgirlie2005 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If u feel the need to stress eat, grab something like celary or carrots when the gym and Waters just won't do.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Study one subject for 45 minutes or so, then go outside for a 15 or 20 minute walk. It'll help clear your head, help you focus when you resume your studying, relieve some stress and perhaps decrease your appetite. Good luck!