Ideal Protein vs. Keto

Options
carriefromthewack
carriefromthewack Posts: 2 Member
edited August 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there, can anyone tell me the main difference between Ideal Protein and eating Keto? I'm on day 3 of Ideal Protein and have been researching Keto and it seems like there is a lot more fat intake with Keto?

Replies

• BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Keto is high fat, moderate protein and low carb...low carb is under 50 grams with keto...personally I would stick to a low carb diet
  • AmandamazingLowCarb
    Options
    I'm currently doing Ideal Protein program. It is also a ketogenic diet, but the main difference is that in addition to being low carb, it is also low fat. That allows your body to burn more of the fat stored in your body. However, you have to make sure to get enough bio-available protein if you do low carb/low fat because otherwise your body might try to use your muscle protein for energy too. Part of the Ideal Protein program is eating specialized foods that are dense with bio-available protein.

I've been doing it for about 5 weeks and I've lost 17 pounds. It is a great program!
  • lkseeds
    lkseeds Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I was shocked and surprised to see the keto recipes calling for bacon fat/duck fat or lard!!! I reached my gw with Ideal Protein in November 2017. Now I am merging diabetic recipes and keto recipes to keep the weight off.