Finally serious about losing weight

Options
Hi! I'm a 32 year old woman from the Netherlands. I have been struggling with my weight for the past 7 years or so. Basically since switching from a physical labor job to an office job I have been gaining weight.

4 months ago I gave birth to our first child, an awesome baby boy. Within 2 months I lost most of the pregnancy weight. But now I have gained 2kg in 2 months.

This is getting out of hand and I so want to be a good role model for my son. So I have had a conversation with my husband (who never likes it when I try to lose weight, cause he feels he can't eat chips and stuff cause of me) and he will support my efforts this time.

So I thought I'd introduce myself here too, so I can share this journey with others who are on the same path. Hopefully we can help eachither!

Replies

• tcdurante
    tcdurante Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am on the same path as you. I have been struggling for about 10 years and 2 kids later. I want to be a good role model and also was told I am pre-diabetic so I am looking for support. I have about 60 pounds to loose. I wish you all the best on your journey.
  • Atropatene
    Atropatene Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    tcdurante wrote: »
    Hello, I am on the same path as you. I have been struggling for about 10 years and 2 kids later. I want to be a good role model and also was told I am pre-diabetic so I am looking for support. I have about 60 pounds to loose. I wish you all the best on your journey.

Good luck! Would it be okay if I add you as a friend? I could really use some inspiration and motivation in my feed!
  • Trellum
    Trellum Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

I live in the Netherlands too (My Dutch is not very fluent). I have a lot weight to lose, but am determined to do so. Feel free to add me :)