Worst Christmas gifts

Options

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    wills_myth wrote: »
    The Clapper. (although, The Clap would be worse)

I actually do want one of these for xmas for my bedroom! ha.....I realized they still sell them and told my hubs I want one
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Last year we did a gift exchange at work. $10 limit, buy a pair of socks and then a small gift that went with it. I bought Bob Ross socks and a little paint by number thing to keep with the theme. Someone else got a *kitten* pair of socks with jock itch cream and deodorant.

We're doing the same themed gift exchange this year. I haven't even looked for anything yet.

ETA: I did it! I purchased a magic 8 ball and a pair of socks that fold up to make a pet penguin (kind of like magic, right?! lol). I was limited by Amazon with price and delivery date to keep in mind.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    For a white elephant gift exchange I once received a jar of pickled pigs feet. I was stuck with this one ha-ha.

As a surprise bonus, when people were leaving, someone who got fruit-cake left it behind. I grabbed it because I like fruitcake...so the night was not a total loss.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    SurfyPants wrote: »
    NO FRUITCAKE. I only want gold, jewels and/or cash.
    *I sent this photo to my Mother last year after she sent me a life time supply of fruit cake for Christmas :|

You need to get @Tweaking_Time address to send those fruitcakes to.

My favorite work grab bag gift ever. The rule was under $10, and had to be gender neutral. So there was one giant package on the table. . . a 12 pack of toilet paper. It's been 30 years and I still laugh about that one.
  • danielisbatman
    danielisbatman Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I received some planks of wood before, as an adult I'd be happy with that but as a 10 year I was not haha
  • more_skal
    more_skal Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    one year for christmas when i was young santa got me a toolkit and i opened it and i looked at my parents and said "a toolkit? really? way to go santa"

they looked really sad and it was only until later that I found santa was not real that i realized how sad i must have insulted my mum
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    klkarlen wrote: »
    1971 - my dad was stationed in Iran with his second wife. He sent a beautiful goat skin coat, with the fur on the inside, with lovely hand embroidery on it. Something that every teenage hippie chick would love to wear. . . so I did. And discovered that overseas they do not treat the leather the same as we do in the states, so as my body heat warmed up this lovely coat, it released the goat smell. I was getting some strange looks from folks I was passing in the grocery store. It was horrific!

Needless to say it was put in a plastic bag in the closet and never worn again, because there was nothing that was going to get that old male goat smell out of the coat.

lol good revenge for the goat.......kinda a last F you humans.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    If only this thread said: Worst Christmas gifs
  • klkarlen
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Feel free to start a new thread!
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

actually that would be the perfect place to put the nasty striptease santa that a friend sent me.........just horrible. Santa with pasties and a thong......
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    My best friend one year gave me some cheap perfume and crotchless underpants. Unbeknownst to me, she had her eye on my boyfriend and felt I had "stolen him from her" by being a slut. So that was her way of dissing me at the Christmas party. It fell flat though because I was too innocent and just thanked her and acted like I liked the gift. She had to explain it to me later. We did not stay friends after that.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    more_skal wrote: »
    one year for christmas when i was young santa got me a toolkit and i opened it and i looked at my parents and said "a toolkit? really? way to go santa"

they looked really sad and it was only until later that I found santa was not real that i realized how sad i must have insulted my mum

Did your mum give you cold shouldies?
  • klkarlen
    Options
    Drum roll please. . . .

Today in our department white elephant gift exchange, at one point I had a pair of gamers headset, which got swapped for a $15 starbucks gift card and I ended up with:

hklvywbkwshu.jpg

Yup, a shower sponge in the shape of a popsicle - undoubtedly from the Dollar Tree.

So my bad Christmas gift streak continues.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    My ex husband gave me jumper cables and flares in a cardboard carrying case. That was our LAST Christmas!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    The first year my husband and I had Christmas together, he somehow thought gifting me this was appropriate:

hearty-beef-summer-sausage-cheese-mustard-hickory-gift-box-012521-1.jpg

Since then, we've made jokes about this terrible gift idea ever since. Every Christmas. He is notorious for picking really bad gifts.. and this is after the fact that I have standing wish lists and ideas that I update constantly and despite the fact that our house is filled with ideas of things I like. I don't really think it's the fact that he gets me things I don't like for Christmas or my birthday, but that it really comes across like he puts absolutely no thought into anything he does get. He prefers to shop on Christmas Eve and do everything last minute, which drives me absolutely batty.

My mother is in the same category. She's known me my entire life, but refuses to put any actual thought into gifts she purchases for me, but puts somewhat reasonable thought into gifts for both my husband and my son, which leads me to believe (yet again) that she likes them more than me (which is par for course in regards to our relationship). She likes to buy a lot of "three wolf moon" *kitten* that she thinks I'll like.. or really terrible knick knacks like a flute that doesn't work, a fertility statue (when I don't want more children and don't particularly always like the one child I do have), weird key chains from places she visits or my favorite: An entire box of her old, slightly used lingerie.. none of which would have fit because I've always been "big" and she used to be quite petite when she was younger.

I cannot describe just how "ick" that is. :s

If my wife gave me this for Christmas I would die...in a good way...best gift ever!!!

My wife and I don't actually do much gift exchange wise...most of our focus is on the kids. We usually have some big purchase we need to make and that's usually our Christmas gift...the year before last it was California Closets coming in and doing a whole bunch of stuff...last year it was new living room furniture...this year, it's our new house we just purchased.

The only thing we really do exchange wise is stuff each others stockings...mainly with candies and whatnot...and she always gets me some of those smoked sausages and some good cheeses.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    My ex was always terrible at shopping for me. Last year he bought me a vacuum cleaner and some other cleaning product. Not much of a gift now since it's with him at his house
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    got a Christmas card from a couple that they had previously received, they whited out the previous sender and wrote their names on it.. I guess it was a form of re purposing ?