20 Tips for getting your water!

Options
Posted this about a month or so ago. Thought I would repost since so many new ppl are trying to get to their gallon a day!

20 Tips For Getting Your 8 Glasses of Water Daily

Sometimes drinking our eight glasses of water a day can be a real challenge Here are 20 tips to help you accomplish that feat! It is said by many beauty experts that drinking your water is the cheapest, quickest way to look better! That should motivate us!

1. Make a bet with a co-worker to see who can drink more water in the course of a day.

2. Have a big glass of water at every transitional point of the day: when you first get up, just before leaving the house, when you sit down to work, etc.

3. Make it convenient - keep a big, plastic, insulated water bottle full on your desk and reach for it all day.

4. When you have juice (apple, grape, or orange) fill half the glass with water.

5. When you have a junk-food craving, down a glass of water immediately. You feel full quickly and avoid the calories, and it lets time pass till the craving fades.

6. Have one glass every hour on the hour while at work. When the work day is done your water quota is met.

7. Substitute a cup of hot water with a drop of honey for tea or coffee.

8. While at work, get a 20 ounce cup of ice and keep filling it up from the office water cooler. The key is drinking with a straw - you take bigger gulps and drink much more.

9. Freeze little bits of peeled lemons, limes, and oranges and use them in place of ice cubes - it's refreshing and helps get in a serving or two of fruit.

10. After each trip to the restroom, guzzle an eight-ounce glass to replenish your system.

11. Don't allow yourself a diet soda until you've had two to four glasses of water. You will find that you won't want the soda anymore or that just half a can is enough.

12. Let ounces of water double grams of fat: When eating something containing 10 grams of fat, I drink 20 ounces of water.

13. Drink two full glasses at each meal, one before and one after. Also, drink one glass before each snack so you don't eat as much.

14. Carry a small refillable water bottle at all times and drink during downtime; while waiting in a bank line, sitting on the train, etc.

15. Use a beautiful gold-rimmed glass and fill it with cold water from the tap.

16. Drink two glasses of water immediately after waking up.

17. Bring a two-liter bottle of water to work and try to drink it all before you leave work. If you don't finish, drink it in traffic on the way home - it's like a race.

18. Always keep a 24-ounce bottle of water handy while watching TV, doing laundry, making dinner, etc.

19. Add drinking two glasses of water to your daily skincare regimen. Drink, cleanse, moisturize, etc., then drink again.

20. Drink your water out of a big Pyrex measuring cup - it's a good way to keep track of how much water you are drinking.

Replies

• minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    AWESOME TIPS!!!
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Great Tips!!!!!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!!
    I never get my fill of water..
    Its 11pm atm and i havent had a single glass of water yet today..
    Just dont get thirsty!
    Im going to put your ideas into practice though! =)
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I really need to drink more water. I'm lucky if I even get in one glass a day. I just never feel thirsty to want it. And I hate water too, boring much?

Thanks for the tips though, will try some out :)
  • budkow
    budkow Posts: 39
    Options
    I use Mio to flavor my water. I've gone from 0 cups to like 16 cups a day. I also follow your soda tip and stopped drinking 2-3 cans of Diet Coke at 9am and instead only drink soda with lunch.

Now I'm thirsty...off to get some water! :smile:
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    bump!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Good tips!

Luckily i have been having no problem getting my water intake and then some! i keep a 26oz bottle with me at all times and drink about 3 of them a day or more :)
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Great Tips, I also get my water intake daily on days I weight train I get about double
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tanyabear_
    Tanyabear_ Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump, great tips
  • trac30
    trac30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    MIO is the bomb ya'll. Get some!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Also, it helps when you have a favorite cup. I have one of these and it really makes me like to drink water. The water stays nice and cold and it doesn't sweat.

cup.jpg
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i throw a green tea bag in my water and leave it in for half the time... no calories! and i like the antiox green tea it's got a little fruit flavor but still no calories! <3 it! (also green tea naturally boosts metabolism)
  • wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I generally don't have any issues not getting my water each day. I drink nothing but water, literally, not even anything like Crystal Light, just straight ice water. I'm averaging about 20 - 25 glasses a day. It's one of those things where you do something long enough it just becomes a habit and it's one habit I can live with. To me nothing tastes better than a nice ice cold glass of water. I've tried to sip on other things and everytime I do it makes me sick to my stomach. I tried the Crystal Lights and Mio but again just makes me sick to my stomach.
  • jujubean1992
    Options
    MIO is the bomb ya'll. Get some!

i heard MIO causes health problems!
  • AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump! Thanks!
  • jujubean1992
    Options
    I generally don't have any issues not getting my water each day. I drink nothing but water, literally, not even anything like Crystal Light, just straight ice water. I'm averaging about 20 - 25 glasses a day. It's one of those things where you do something long enough it just becomes a habit and it's one habit I can live with. To me nothing tastes better than a nice ice cold glass of water. I've tried to sip on other things and everytime I do it makes me sick to my stomach. I tried the Crystal Lights and Mio but again just makes me sick to my stomach.

i'm with you. i usually drink water or green tea. but i do drink a soda when i get a caffeine headache, or if we don't have food in the house and i don't know when the next time i'm going to eat will be i'll drink soda all day to keep my blood sugar up or i'll pass out.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Amazing Tips and thank you for the information!!

Robert
  • wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I can't drink soda at all, I get headaches from it since I've been off of it for so long.