Low calorie alcohol recommendations

Options
I’m going on a vacation in two weeks and I don’t want to miss out on all the fun! What low calorie alcohol ideas can you recommend me?

Replies

• ahsnider22
    ahsnider22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Soda water as the mixer is the best choice! With a lemon or a lime. Splash of cranberry or lemonade if you don’t like the taste of alcohol. I enjoy tequila and soda water/club soda with a fresh lime! Yum!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Be aware that tonic is not close to zero calorie if you are using it as a mixer. You can get diet tonic and I have that with gin a fair bit, but i's hard to get in restaurants.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Most whiskeys are around 60-70 calories per oz. or a shot.

That's pretty low.

Try a shot with soda or sparkling water in a tall glass filled with ice.

• duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Barefoot pinot grigio and pinot noir are my two favorites, and come in at 125 calories for a 5 oz serving.
  • issiahs
    issiahs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bud light platinum is 6% abv and I think 140 calories which isn’t too bad. I have 3 when I go out and feel pretty good. Add in two shots of whiskey and I’m having a great night for only about 600 calories.
  • mccormf1
    mccormf1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    What do you typically drink?
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Shots....Shots...Shots of vodka or any clear liquor are a go to for me :D
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Try having fun sober by acting drunk. :p zero calories
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Sparkling wine like prossecco, cava and champagne have around 80-90 calories per glass
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    jesspen91 wrote: »
    Sparkling wine like prossecco, cava and champagne have around 80-90 calories per glass

They are slightly lower cal, but really it is because they are usually only a 4 oz pour with no room for overfill, whereas a glass of wine is 5-6 oz in a glass with room for an overpour.

Bubbles do work though- small pour and more sipping than glugging.

I always feel spoiled when I drink it, even when I get it on tap at my local.

Oh, on my last cruise it worked really well as my evening drink, after a fru-fru cocktail. (I may reappear that in March it was so successful. Glad I was reminded)

Cheers, h.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Arizona_C wrote: »
    It might sound old fashioned, but you can perfectly well have a great time without drinking. I cut out alcohol a couple of years back; I still dance and don't miss out on the fun, and wake up feeling fresh the morning after.

I wish you a great vacation and understand that party and drinking is often linked together. I just wanted to add that its possible to have fun while sticking to fruit coctails, too

But, in the context of this thread, are fruit cocktails going to be lower calorie than say vodka and soda? Some of those are pretty loaded with sugar and calories and may add up quicker.

this. A glass of sugary non-alcoholic beverage (unless it is a diet version) will normally be more calories than liquor with a diet mixer (~100 calories) or a glass of wine (~120 calories).
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I’m going on a vacation in two weeks and I don’t want to miss out on all the fun! What low calorie alcohol ideas can you recommend me?

Gin or vodka with seltzer and lime.
  • mjhellmers
    mjhellmers Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Crown Royal and Diet Dr. Pepper is good.
  • elizabethmcopeland
    elizabethmcopeland Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    my go-to is the basic b**** cocktail, like @joemac1988: gin or vodka with club soda/seltzer and lime. sometimes i'll even do it "tall" - a shot of vodka/gin in a tall glass, filled with seltzer and lime all the way up. That way you can drink faster/more and not as much actual alcohol.

honestly, I will do anything with plain soda and lime.

whiskey, diet ginger ale, lime and mint is also good.

whiskey on the rocks is also good.

really...i will do anything with just gin or vodka or whiskey.

i probably should stop commenting on this thread, i want a drink now.
  • StatsGuy99
    StatsGuy99 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My go-to drink is whiskey. I can sip on a shot of good whiskey for a full hour.