green tea?

Options
how does green tea help with weight loss?

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Hello Sonyyyy!

From what I understand it can help in two ways:

1) It's a diuretic, and helps top shed excess water weight
    2) It can give you an energy boost, helping to keep active

And it can taste good too. I love the Costco bottles with citrus flavor added, and the convenience store fountain version with peach flavor added.
  • change_happens
    Options
    I personally don't know if it helps with weight loss, but I sure do consume a lot of it ;) haven't had any a week or two though. i usually have a few cups while working on a knitting project.
  • 3ball
    3ball Posts: 338
    Options
    Interested to know as well as I've been hearing about it more lately.
  • change_happens
    Options
    i would lik to know if it helps with weight loss. if it truly does.... i am going to be drinking way more than what i drink now. i have heard that it gives your metabolism a boost. but i never say any difference. (just wanted to add that)
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hello Sonyyyy!

And it can taste good too. I love the Costco bottles with citrus flavor added, and the convenience store fountain version with peach flavor added.
    Just want to add that you need to be careful with the "premade" or fountain versions because they generally have added sugar... not helpful when losing weight :tongue:
  • 3ball
    3ball Posts: 338
    Options
    Aren't there pill forms as well?
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Close enough, here is my blog: "Benefit of Tie Guan Yin Tea":

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/atomdraco/view/benefit-of-tie-guan-yin-tea-68391

"Weight loss Aid:

Are you looking for a healthy solution to loose weight? Well you may have just found it! This tea is one of the loved weight loss teas that increases your metabolism and helps you burn fat faster. It contains a high content of polyphenols which dissolve triglyceride.

However, keep in mind that you must adopt a healthy diet and practice some physical exercise to get the results you expect. Give it a try and you won’t regret it! "

There are tons of info online, google more
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Here's a good article...
    http://www.greenteaweightloss.org/
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It never did anything for me. I drank tea and gained weight, I drank tea and lost weight. Tea has no calories and has healthy antioxidants so it's good for you to drink it, but I don't think it does a thing for weight loss.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hello Sonyyyy!

Just want to add that you need to be careful with the "premade" or fountain versions because they generally have added sugar... not helpful when losing weight :tongue:

They often have sodium added too. Why? IDK
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    green tea boosts metabolism & has great antioxidants. i drink & swear by Celestial Seasoning's green tea. I don't drink bottled tea. home-brewed tea is much healthier.. i add a little honey or sweetener.

sometimes i steep multiple bags in a large bowl, pour into a large pitcher, add lemons, sweetener, and a bit more water & ice-cubes for iced tea. yum! :)
  • Cinnamonie
    Cinnamonie Posts: 138
    Options
    I love the Lipton green tea mixers, especially the Energize one (blueberry pomegranate I believe).. I get the powdered mixes from Amazon I swear it gives me more energy than coffee and no calories!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Hello Sonyyyy!

Of course. Both of the ones I mentioned have 0 cals.
  • sonyyyyy
    sonyyyyy Posts: 33
    Options
    Very helpful.. thanks guys