My Grandmother

Fochizzy
Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
So I started this thing to fit into my grandmother's wedding dress. 5 years ago (when I was over 50lbs lighter) my sister got married. My father sewed her dress. We were standing in the reception and my grandma turned to me and said "it's better this way, the dress will fit you much better anyway, we tall women have gotta stick together" (I am 5'9" like her, not 5'4" like my sister). Now I am getting married in 2 years and Grandma may or may not still be around and she said nothing about the dress. I wondered if she realized I was too heavy for it now and cannot fit in it. But it turns out she forgot she hasn't talked to me about it, because she has been talking to everyone else. My wonderful grandma doesn't realize I won't fit in it. She is planning to take Amtrak (she does not fly) from Chicago to New York to see me and talk about the alterations to the dress. So 10lbs down, I need to lose between 20-35 more to fit in this dress. Because my grandma who does not see me has heavy WILL see me in her wedding dress before she dies, even if it is just in my apartment!

Replies

• mandygal13
    mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
    That's really cool. I know it will work out for you!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    That is great motivation, and she must be a wonderful woman!

All the best to you, congratulations on your pending nuptials, and GOOD LUCK with the weight loss!
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Awesome story! You are so lucky to have a great grandmother! (I never knew either of mine)
  • Fantastic motivator! You can do it. And best wishes for a very happy life with your beau.
  • What a great story!!!!!!!!! We will keep burning calories and you're right you will be in that dress! How long til she comes to visit to discuss the dress? Is it enough time to finish getting your weight off?
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Thanks guys! She really is great. She wants to come in late January/early February which means even if it doesn't fit like a glove it should be able to be put on by then. She was a size 12, my size 16s are a little loose these days. So I could probably wear a 14 now. And when I was super skinny in High School I was still a 12 because of my hips (child bearing according to Grandma).
  • Ok i will admit i am crying, maybe just a little.
    Thats a great insperation. Keep up the good work and I am sure you will look wonderful in the dress.
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Great story and wonderful inspiration for you! Congratulations on the engagement and best wishes. You can do this! We are all here to help you! :flowerforyou:
  • Brought a tear to my eye, too. Good luck and congratulations on your progress thus far!
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    YOU CAN DO IT!
    Good Luck!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Oh that's lovely, what great motivation!

Tell grandma that there are people all over the world (even far away in Australia like me ) who think she is wonderful and you are too :smile:
  • Thats the best motivation you can ever get ,you WILL do it ,looking forward to see you in the dress :heart: :smile:
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    That story is amazing! Thanks for sharing. It sounds like you have the required loss in the bag! go you!!!
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    I'm crying too =( Hit's home. You have an amazing Grandma and I have no doubt in my mind that everytime you don't want to hop on that treadmill you'll think of her and push through. She deserves it, and so do you! Go get it girl! =) Oh, and congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!