getting started yet again

Options
Hello,
Lisa here again!
why can't I get this issue in my life together?
emotional eating is the worst.
anyone going though this?
I've got an excuse for it all..... work, work people, home life, break up. winter, summer, chores, bills..... I know what I need to do but every time I get up tight, upset, or sad, I eat....
I have a gym memebership, but never go.
I guess I need to just do it, don't talk about it, cause thats setting me up for failure.
and keep it up, log in, stay focused. keep my mouth shut. no punh intended.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Could it be that you think you have to more than you really have to? Healthy eating isn't torture, nothing specific, not deprivation, it's just getting in everything you need but not getting in too much of anything. If you want to exercise, fine, but you don't have to go to a gym to exercise, and you don't have to exercise to be healthy.
  • brookedsample
    brookedsample Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m on the same trip yet again of starting over. I always have an excuse as to why it can wait to tomorrow... but a year later and plus 25lbs... I have no more excuses. Need help with mortivation. 10 days in today!
  • sannafatima
    sannafatima Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Have to lose 25 lbs! Chocolates are my poison just can't give up on them. :(
  • PhoenixIn2018
    PhoenixIn2018 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Yep, similar boat here. Starting over and have found that for the last 5 years I have been full of excuses. Most conveniently, it has been finishing a degree this past year. Now though, I am done with school and am trying to not make any excuses at all. This is a commitment I want to make to myself. I survived one heck of a challenging year, surely, I can do this. Emotional eating is hard for me as well and I have a history of making lots of excuses to eat. I am trying really hard to remind myself of where emotional eating has gotten me and it isn't going to be supportive of my goal of getting healthy. This is Day 2 for me, so, I know I am still in the "honeymoon" stage of implementing change. Hopefully I can stick to it this time around and stay focused on the end goal.

Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend!
  • diazirism1
    diazirism1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all I'm new to this, have tried different things to no avail. But I think this is going to work because I put down every thing I eat, and it calculates my calories
    I stopped eating chocolates, drinking soda, and munching all the time, and im not hungry. I'm optimistic, wish me well.
  • muffinmondays
    muffinmondays Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am in the same boat as all of you too! 1 step forward and 2 back and as a result I am getting further and further away from my goal :-( Tomorrow is a new day. Here we come!!! Feel free to add me.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Have to lose 25 lbs! Chocolates are my poison just can't give up on them. :(

I lost 80 lbs in 12 months and have kept it off for 20 months so far, and I eat chocolate every single day.

Weight loss doesn't have to be a nightmare.

Learn to eat the things you love in moderate amounts within your calorie limit. This will teach you sustainable habits for life.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

I lost 80 lbs in 12 months and have kept it off for 20 months so far, and I eat chocolate every single day.

Weight loss doesn't have to be a nightmare.

Learn to eat the things you love in moderate amounts within your calorie limit. This will teach you sustainable habits for life.
    I would go even further: Weightloss can't be a nightmare. If you can't stick to your new, healthy habits, they're neither healthy nor worthwhile. I had to learn this the hard way. The real effort isn't suffering, deprivation, it's unlearning so many things - it's difficult, but necessary. One of the ideas I have had to challenge, is "everything I like is bad for me".