• acatters
    acatters Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Thank you so much.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I'm happy you feel better! Remember doctors like money too.

You can definitely do this, and 2 lbs / wk is a great rate of loss. I'm down 110 lbs in a year, and a healthy BMI now. It happened one pound at a time, just like it will for you! And doing it for yourself you will learn healthy eating and exercise habits, and avoid a very painful surgery with a high risk of complications.

Meanwhile, my friend who had bariatric surgery has regained all the weight, and is suffering from kidney failure due to her uncontrolled diabetes. Surgery won't help you if you aren't willing to help yourself, and you have already proved you are willing to work for your health!
  • ms_maruska
    ms_maruska Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! You may as well put your story in the Success story section rather than doubting yourself because of stupid advice about losing more faster and end up yo-yoing or going through a painful and stressful surgery.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    acatters wrote: »
    I feel defeated.

don't feel defeated. feel contemptuous - or enraged, if you like, that this supposed health pro is negging you just because he has something to sell.

yeah. i would go with enraged. and 8 pounds in one month IS good. the man is a shill and a dick.

• sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    8lb in a month IS great, you are spot on with your instincts. Do this yourself and show him!
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Find a new doctor. Tell him not to screw with people to make a quick buck.