I've got a party tomorrow

mrssants
mrssants Posts: 6 Member
Stick to diet or not??

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    No matter what, bring extra cream puffs.
  • Mrs181
    Mrs181 Posts: 36 Member
    I'd eat at maintenance.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    mrssants wrote: »
    Stick to diet or not??

The MFP answer is one day isn't going to hurt you. So enjoy yourself and get back on track the next day. You may lose weight a little slower for about a week but that won't stop your overall progress.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    How hard has it been to stick to your diet? One party will not kill you, but if it means it will throw you off because one party becomes one day, which becomes the weekend, which becomes the week, which becomes the holidays.....then I would stick to it. Only you know what's best.
  • mrssants
    bojack3 wrote: »
    How hard has it been to stick to your diet? One party will not kill you, but if it means it will throw you off because one party becomes one day, which becomes the weekend, which becomes the week, which becomes the holidays.....then I would stick to it. Only you know what's best.

Love this.. True.. No I'm very strict thankyoux
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    I haven't really stuck to any meal plan in probably 2-3 years, so I am not really the best one to answer. But screw it, eat all the foodz and drink all the booze
  • more_skal
    more_skal Posts: 400 Member
    Believe in yourself ha ha
  • Workout harder today, and get up and workout tomorrow morning. Then EAT.
  • mrssants
    I haven't really stuck to any meal plan in probably 2-3 years, so I am not really the best one to answer. But screw it, eat all the foodz and drink all the booze

Good advice lol
  • mrssants
    I had one yesterday. I did log it...but was pretty reasonable. 2 glasses of wine and then yeah, eat the food.

You don't have to be ridiculous, and it can work as part of your weekly cals.

I didn't even go over...but, that was like all I ate that day.

I'm a little more "lucky" in this regard...my cal goal is like 2000 and change, so...you can fit in a big meal and a couple of drinks without it being a problem.

However...if you have like 10 drinks or more, and then get desert, and have other big meals...you could be sitting on 2 pounds of extra calories from 1 day! And...if a bunch of it is booze...idk. I don't know how your body deals with super surpluses...but I have read there is basically nothing your body can do with booze except use it as energy.

So...it would make sense to keep that reasonable imo.

It seems like that could turn into fat...and then, you gotta go get rid of that.

I don't restrict...like say, ok I'm having no booze, no this or that...no desert. That will make you resent yourself. You can have a little of all the awesome stuff I think. You kill your workouts all year long Jules...have a little fun not the end or the world...but no, as you know it's no free lunch.

If you go pound a ton of booze and cakes and all of it that will probably be bad and you'll regret it later.

Cheers soul.x
  • mrssants
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    Alcohol and food consumed at parties are calorie-free. You didn't know that?

• surjiosurjio
    surjiosurjio Posts: 33 Member
    Get mashed and binge drink
  • judywalsh97
    judywalsh97 Posts: 12 Member
    Enjoy yourself, try eat a meal beforehand that fits your plan so you're not ravenous. Promise yourself that its just 1 treat meal & drinks, be ready to kick *kitten* the next day.
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Let mine be the voice that goes against the grain of what most ppl here are saying. It sounds like you're trying to find a reason to slack and you're looking for ppl to say it's OK. It starts with one occasion here and there, then it snowballs from there with most people who fall off the wagon. Maybe the question you should be asking isn't should you stick to the diet for this party, maybe you should be asking is it worth the risk that this the first step on the way to failure. No one ever sees it coming. You said you're very strict, but with what I call strict this wouldn't be a question in your mind because you wouldn't even consider going off your diet for a party... unless you have free days worked into your routine. That being said, party like a rockstar.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    I'd switch my calories to maintain for that day and the following day. Reason being, if I go to a party at 9 pm and get home at 1 am then I am probably going to want to eat something before I go to bed. 1 am is part of the next day so that day gets an extra meal I have to be able to fit in. I am one of those people who is going to eat if they have been drinking. If you are one of those too, I suggest eating at maintenance for the party day and the following day if you are still going to be partying into the next day or have strong food urges when you are drunk.