The Real Challenge

Options
Yesterday I lost control.
I have to admit - it felt good for a bit because I felt really full for a change.
But I did log in all the bad stuff.
My real challenge is going forward after a bump in the road and not let the one moment of bad eating affect going forward.
I am going to try and eat more filling foods like salads because even though I have been eating roughly 1500 calories a day, there's not enough bulk in my food.
And even though I do need to lose weight, I am doing it more for health reasons so I have to keep myself on track with that goal in mind more than rushing the numbers on the scale.
Any suggestions on how others have handled a bad day and gone forward is greatly appreciated. What do you eat to keep full?

Replies

• ehloring
    ehloring Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are so right! I guess the first thing I need to change is my attitude and how I view my eating. Thanks- this is "food" for thought!
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    FWIW coming from a stranger on the internet, you have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about with what happened yesterday.

Now, if you use it as an excuse for a free-for-all going forward, that's all on you.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I've found taking the long-term approach works best. It is impossible to ruin a diet in a single day. It is very difficult to gain even one full pound in a single day. Forget about being on a wagon or track or whatever - you're building healthier habits, and that's going to need to include what to do when you eat more in a single day for whatever reason.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You logged it, so leave it there and move forward in your usual deficit. We all have those days from time to time where we need to refeed and feel full. If your overall pattern is staying in a deficit, then you'll be fine. Bulky food is good, as well as making sure your diet isn't void of treats that still fit in your calories. You didn't do anything wrong...yoire human.:)
  • ehloring
    ehloring Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Today I stayed in control. Interestingly- i wasn't very hungry. However, i had a bigger lunch which filled me up (only coffee in the morning) and a good dinner. Got myself to the gym after work as well.
    I am still feeling my way through to find what works best for me. What might have worked 5 years ago doesn't work now. I do understand about having an off day every once in a while - I just need to be able to get past that moment and continue with my goals.