It's not much...But I'm 25lbs down

Options
elizabeth7708
elizabeth7708 Posts: 17 Member
edited December 2017 in Success Stories
I never ever thought I'd be posting in here. Wow.
So I'm not one to be very emotional with things relating to body positivity. Its always been so hard to talk about it because I've NEVER been happy with my body. February 20th, 2017 was the day I stepped on the scales and realized I was actually almost over weight. I'll admit, I cried. Hard. But after I quit moping around I knew that I should actually do something about it. I started watching my portion sizes, and I tried super hard to be more active. I went through ups and downs with my weight loss, as everyone does. I'd have days where I just wouldn't eat because I was so scared that one little calorie would through off my weight. BUT I learned the healthy way to do it, and as of last week I am 26lbs down. Its a huge improvement for me. I walk/run 2-5 miles a day, and I just eat smaller portions of the SAME foods I ate when I gained a bunch of weight. I'm so glad I made this change.
I'm 6'1", female.
SW: 184lbs
CW: 159lbs
GW: 152lbs.
I'M ALMOST THERE

Replies

• elizabeth7708
    elizabeth7708 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My profile picture is how I currently look :):)
  • MyRoadto195
    MyRoadto195 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well done!! living your life with simple positive changes. Shows it works. Great work
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Great job! Imagine 25 pounds of butter.....that's awesome (to both your loss and the butter of course!)
  • jcordray1978
    jcordray1978 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • kristasuzanne615
    Options
    That's great! You should feel very proud of yourself!
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Nice story, with good results
  • treepeters
    treepeters Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you. You are wise and this is the way to be healthy for the rest of your life. I hope you and your body will be very happy together from now on!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • tlatant
    tlatant Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I would’ve sooooo exited to lose 25 lbs!!!! Way to go!
  • DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM
    Options
    You look great !
  • ckauszler
    ckauszler Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'd love to do the same!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Awesome work. Please do not minimize the effort. 25lbs is a HUGE deal. The continued effort, the showing up everyday (so-to-speak) and the determination to get this done is awesome. And, at the risk of sounding like a dirty old man, you look simply amazing.
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    SNAP - 6'1" here too! Congratulations :smile: 25lbs is a big deal - I've been chasing the same 25lbs for a while to bring me back to the healthy weight range, so I know what a challenge it is, especially on someone tall where it's harder to see it come off and stay motivated. I'm about half way there now. Onward and... downward! All the best for the rest of your journey :smile:
  • MindfulDecision
    MindfulDecision Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    AMAZING job! Don't minimize what you've accomplished here. That takes a lot of determination and focus. Great work.
  • LLane6758
    LLane6758 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Every pound lost means one less to go. As other people have asked, not to lessen your accomplishment. You have shown yourself what you can do....keep going, you've got this. :smile:
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. You’ve done great!
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Ugh wish I looked as good as you at 159 at 153(my weight rn) lol but sadly I am 5'3"

26lbs is a great accomplishment! Be proud girl you look awesome!
  • Kerriann1083
    Kerriann1083 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awesome way to go:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!