Can’t seem to shift the weight

Options
Hi all
Does anyone else find it as difficult as me to keep the weight off? I lose a stone and a half and before I know it, I’ve piled it back on again! I’m getting fed up of the yo yo weight loss but don’t want to give up! Help!!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Maintaining weight is harder than losing it imo - you need to have a plan once you've reached your goal to help you stay there. Continuing to log might be a good idea, at least you get an idea of what your intake is. Have a goal weight range, and monitor how you're going - I like using a trending app to show if I'm going up/down/maintaining.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Develop an active lifestyle, you don’t have to hit the gym every day but it helps. Join a team or get into some physical hobbies.
  • megs_1985
    megs_1985 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have lost and gained and it was because I went back to old habits. You can't start a diet that you won't be able to sustain long term. That's why fad diets don't work long term. Find activities you actually enjoy that you can keep doing (sports, walking, lifting, swimming, etc) and find a reduced calorie diet that has foods you enjoy and gives your body nutrients. One thing I do when I'm trying to maintain is weigh myself once a week and if it's trending up I start logging my calories again for a week or two so I can pinpoint where I need to cut back.