Doing this AGAIN

Options
God knows how many times I have downloaded this app. Everytime that I do , I'll log in and keep up with it for 3 to 4 days then I'll find my self deleting it. 2 days ago I went to the store, and I found one of those " weigh-in machines" , I inserted a quarter, just to see how much I weight. I never would have thought I would be back in the 200's again!! The scale said 216. Wow it was a slap on the face... So decided that, it's time to commit to myself... Not because I want to lose weight, but , because I want to love a healthy long lasting life. Any tips and help as in where I should start? Any body else went through this?

Replies

• avielosesit
    avielosesit Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @pexxy92 you just wrote my story. I have been on and off this wagon so many times. It seems like this is the one aspect of my life I just can’t get under control.

But we can change the story. Every plot has its twists and turns ... so glad to hear you are committing and it is inspiring me to do the same! The rules are simple. Now it’s time to apply them!
  • MrsS1108
    MrsS1108 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have posted anything on here before so please bare with me...I’m exactly the same! I’m looking for friends on here so I can be accountable. My weight as of today is 210lbs. I have never been this determined. I was going to log my weight every Sunday.....if you wanna join me...add me
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    pexxy92 wrote: »
    Any tips and help as in where I should start?

Yes. Here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

:)

Just change one thing at a time, don't go nuts - you may have given up so quickly in the past because you went all out on "healthy eating" and felt deprived, or cut out a major food group, or something like that. That's not necessary, you just need to learn to eat less! It takes time, and patience, and commitment, but you can do it. Follow @TavistockToad 's advice, and you'll get there.

Best of luck!
  • lifestyle2013
    lifestyle2013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat! I have to lose at least 120 pounds. I’m on my fifth day but I’m so nervous I am going to fail like every other attempt at a healthy lifestyle.

My child deserves the best mama possible so she is my sole motivation! Add me because I would love the support, too!!
  • PaulN1974
    PaulN1974 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Another one here in the same boat. Something feels different this time, though. I've given up or lost interest so many times before, but this time, I believe my heart is completely in it. This time, I've kind of accepted that I'm not going to see miracles in a few days or weeks, but rather I'm in this for the long haul and I'm ready to commit.

Feel free to add me, as I think we all need support, motivation, advice and ideas (and people to moan to! lol)
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hello lovely :D
    While you feel discouraged now, take heart <3
    YOU HAVE TAKEN THE FIRST STEPS!

Many of us have been where you are.
    Leave the past where it belongs and start fresh.
    I began this long crazy, frustrating journey 27 months ago.
    313 pounds and feeling overwhelmed.
    What changed for me, was the realisation....
    THIS IS NOT A DIET
    IT IS A LIFELONG COMMITMENT!!!
    Every day for the rest of my life.

I am 103 pounds down, with 30 to go.
    Take it a day at a time.
    You know what to do and how to do it,
    If you would like my support, I am here for you.

All the best!
  • kwindert1
    kwindert1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I also come back and leave and come back etc to MFP. I paid for a year of premium membership in the hopes I can really stick with it this time! Feel free to add me as a friend - maybe we can work to keep each other motivated and on track??
  • ccw1304
    ccw1304 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey you guys can add me also, my issue logging in as well, but also constantly going OVER my calories!!
  • shelldmom
    shelldmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to make a commitment to this and I would love a group to do this with! I am going to log my food today.
  • Sidaleeyaya
    Sidaleeyaya Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I too need to make the commitment to making healthier choices and getting active! I have the best of intentions but something always come up (bowl of ice cream, popcorn, etc). Even when I do make better eating choices, I am not active enough. Starting today I am packing my lunch (NO take-out) and going to the fitness center for one hour ... Wish me luck!
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely :D
    While you feel discouraged now, take heart <3
    YOU HAVE TAKEN THE FIRST STEPS!

Many of us have been where you are.
    Leave the past where it belongs and start fresh.
    I began this long crazy, frustrating journey 27 months ago.
    313 pounds and feeling overwhelmed.
    What changed for me, was the realisation....
    THIS IS NOT A DIET
    IT IS A LIFELONG COMMITMENT!!!
    Every day for the rest of my life.

I am 103 pounds down, with 30 to go.
    Take it a day at a time.
    You know what to do and how to do it,
    If you would like my support, I am here for you.

All the best!

Lovely, you just inspired the heck out of me!! lol

Although pretty much everyone here hit it spot on. You just have to commit to yourself. I believe that if you make it up in your mind that this is a new lifestyle and not just a new diet to try out then you will do wonderfully. But really, having a good support system is incredibly important as well.
    You got this, girl. Keep it up! :)