Smoothies in winter

Options
I'm having a hard time getting my yummy smoothies in my day. As good as they are and a great snack- how do y'all still get your smoothies in winter? Do I just slam it down and jump in the hot shower? How about oatmeal bowls for the snowy and cold morning?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You could try soup. It's basically a warm smoothie...
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I still drink my yummy protein smoothies. I'm sipping on my chocolate/banana/peanut butter smoothie now.

The only difference in the winter is that I don't use frozen bananas. I also make steel cut oatmeal as well.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm currently finding myself enjoying cold smoothies in the morning. If I start wanting a hot breakfast I'll take a break from smoothies and eat something hot. Oddly enough most of the summer I was eating omelets for breakfast. ;-)
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I agree on the switch to soups. There are recipes out there for making soup with a blender. Vitamix has several on their site. You won't get arrested for drinking your soup out of a thermos instead of using a spoon. :)
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    I still drink my yummy protein smoothies. I'm sipping on my chocolate/banana/peanut butter smoothie now.

The only difference in the winter is that I don't use frozen bananas. I also make steel cut oatmeal as well.

This sounds amazing and I think I need your recipe. I'm a chocolate fiend lol
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Is there a medical reason you need to do smoothies? If you don't want to do it, why do it?
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I eat local Ben and Jerry's ice cream in winter in Vermont.

So what's the problem with smoothies?

But if you don't want smoothies they're hardly mandatory.
  • andfivesixseveneight
    Options
    Sometimes I add a gob of cocoa powder to a protein and greens smoothie, then drink it warmed up- tastes a lot like hot chocolate.
  • Snowdusk
    Snowdusk Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is great too, I'm really liking some with a banana or apple for these cold mornings ^_^ Sometimes if I want to blend something I'll just make a hot coffee drink, like hot water, milk, coffee, cocoa + sugar, it's hard to drink cold stuff in the winter/ I don't think it's very comforting XDD
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have warm smoothies in Winter, i just omit fruit when drinking them warm.

I add:

Protein powder
    oats
    Flaxseed
    Psyylium husk powder
    PB2
    Vanilla almond milk

Then top up with just boiled water. It turns out like a warm pudding, i need to eat it with a spoon.
  • Karrie078
    Karrie078 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My breakfast smoothie is my go to for the morning 12 months a year... but I hear ya... makes me cold. Easy, healthy, and filling trumps making me cold.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I drink ice water in the winter, so a cold smoothie doesn't bother me. A warm smoothie doesn't appeal. (Summer or winter, I generally have hot coffee in the morning too.)

If I wanted warm I'd have oats or an omelet.

Not saying a warm smoothie is wrong, just wrong for me. ;-)