Cayenne pepper

Options
Drink cayenne pepper. What? How is that?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Just don't.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

Don't do it.
    dfein001 wrote: »
    You mix it with lemonade or lemon water. Not too much cayenne, just a dash.

Don't do this either.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    dfein001 wrote: »
    You mix it with lemonade or lemon water. Not too much cayenne, just a dash.

But why?
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Why bother? I can't imagine it would be anything less than god awful, and if you want to eat cayenne for some reason, there are plenty of great dishes. Heck, even if you wanted JUST cayenne, then buy the whole peppers and sautee or roast them or something, they'll be a lot tastier than pepper water.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    Just another gimmick I am afraid :s
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    is there something about the lemon water that makes cayenne magic??

or could you just take it like that chick on youtube with the cinnamon?
  • Athenarose565
    Athenarose565 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cayenne pepper is actually good for our digestive system. It's had a lot of health benefits. But I'm pretty sure your talking about the one that mixed with the lemonade can called the master cleanse. You should speak to your doctor before trying to do something so extreme
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,542 Member
    Options
    Source? What are the claims?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    gvs4822 wrote: »
    Cayenne pepper is actually good for our digestive system. It's had a lot of health benefits. But I'm pretty sure your talking about the one that mixed with the lemonade can called the master cleanse. You should speak to your doctor before trying to do something so extreme

Wouldn't bother, since cleanses do nothing productive to the body.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    1/8 of a teaspoon helps the flavor of my hummus recipe. And I love sprinkling it on potatoes if (along with salt, pepper and garlic powder) if I'm making oven fries. But no magical weightloss properties. Nor "cleansing".
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Oooooo, I put cayenne on almost everything because I LOOOOOVE spicy food. But in a drink? Good god no, don’t be silly.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Just put some in my stir fry for lunch, actually!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Actually! Now that I think about it, I would and have put peppers in a drink. Mayan style drinking chocolate (like modern hot chocolate but MUCH thicker and more rich, a bit more elegant and decadent) has chilli pepper in it and it’s DELICIOUS. Chili in chocolate is an amazing combination when done right.

*Its still not cayenne though... and you certainly don’t drink it with LOSING weight in mind lol.
  • Aguminus
    Aguminus Posts: 42 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Why drink it when you can eat it? :o
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,984 Member
    Options
    Actually! Now that I think about it, I would and have put peppers in a drink. Mayan style drinking chocolate (like modern hot chocolate but MUCH thicker and more rich, a bit more elegant and decadent) has chilli pepper in it and it’s DELICIOUS. Chili in chocolate is an amazing combination when done right.

*Its still not cayenne though... and you certainly don’t drink it with LOSING weight in mind lol.

Given that a cayenne pepper is a type of chili pepper, and that the ground spice called cayenne isn't always made exclusively from cayenne peppers (or even from cayenne peppers specifically at all), I'm not sure the distinction you're making is meaningful.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Cayenne pepper is for chili, not cleansing.