I`M DONE BEING OVERWEIGHT!

Options
My journey to become a better me has begun AGAIN. I say again because I have been down this road before. Let me tell you a little bit about myself. Growing up, I was always fat and at the age of 18, I weighted 280ish, all fat. I never realized how fat I was until the day I got on a roller coaster. The roller coaster worker had to help me push down the safety bar. At that moment, I realized I needed to lose weight. I started to run everyday and a followed a very strict diet. I managed to lose 80 lbs. in a 8 months.

Shortly after, I decided to follow my childhood dream and joined the U.S Army. My first two years in the military, my weight stayed at 200 lb. My height and weight wasn`t to Army standards, so I had to get taped every Army Physical Fitness Test. I finally got tired of getting taped all the time and decided to lose some more weight. I started to run and run and run. I ran between 6 to 8 miles a day, MMA training and company pt. I was able to drop to 170 lbs. I maintained that weight for awhile. A year before I got out of the Army, I started to lift weights. The day I got out I was weighting 225 lbs. I followed body building religiously and inspired to compete one day. I was in the gym religiously in the gym and I was able to pack on another 25 lbs (250 lbs). of muscle over the years.

In 2010, I got married and had a baby girl, so my priorities changed. I was still going to the gym, but goals had change again. I wanted more of a athletic look, so I dropped to 235 lbs. In 2013, I had my second child and my gym motivation was slowly going away. I was in the gym on and off. I stopped caring about my diet, body and physical appearance. Until a couple months ago, I was watching a movie with my daughter and a actor appeared shirt-less. My daughter asked me " Dad, what are those bumps on his stomach?" I started to laugh and responded " those are called abs." She then asked " Dad, where are your abs at?" I told her, that I used to have abs and but now I am fat. She made me laugh but at the same time, she made me think how fat I have gotten. From that day, I promised myself that I needed to lose weight.

My journey to lose weight started two months ago. I started to lift weights and a little bit of cardio but I was still not eating properly. 3 weeks ago, I told the wife that I was tired of eating like poop. We both agreed, so we started to eat healthy and started to fast (16:8). When we started fasting, I weighted in at 280 lbs. and I`m at 272 lbs. I have only lost 8 lbs., it doesn't seem much, but when I look at myself in the mirror, I notice my body changing like crazy. I am beginning to lose fat and my muscles are taking shape again. My weight goal is 225 lbs. and I know this journey is going to take me a while, but I am disciplined, mentally and physically tough. ( lol the soldier`s creed)

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you on your journey! You did it before, you know you can do it again. Eight pounds in three weeks is a great rate of loss. It may seem like it's going to take forever, but you've got a lifetime to look forward to.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Great story! Good luck.

Careful not to be too "all-or-nothing", though.

Stick around on the forum and read the helpful posts announcements, and learn about logging and sustainable weight loss and maintenance.

• spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! You know the drill already, I have no doubt you will succeed :)
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You got this your story is really inspiring!!! Best of luck on your journey and keep us updated.