New to MFP - slowly learning my way

Options
Hi there! I'm new to MFP and am slowly learning my way around. I hope to get to know the members here so we can go on this journey together. Support would make my journey so much easier and more enjoyable.

My story......I have been large almost my entire life. Three years ago lost 153 pounds - going from a size 4X to a size 10 in 14 months. I was able to maintain that weight for almost 2 years but then 'life happened' , I lost my mojo and regained at least 40. To be honest, I got complacent and stopped caring. Now I'm paying the price - these days it seems I just look at food and I gain. I'm almost 50 so I think I'm also struggling with a life phase (which I don't want to name because I'm in denial - lol). Yes, unfortunately these days I don't like looking in the mirror much.

It's definitely time to do something to change it - I want to wear my smaller clothes and feel pretty again! So I joined MFP, dabbled with it a bit and I've been faithfully tracking for the last few days and my eyes sure are opening again. It is showing me that I really do need to find my love for fruits and vegetables again. It also confirmed that I am absolutely in love with carbs again :( and that I MUST get more active.

I hope to get to know some of you while I'm relearning how to live healthy again :blushing:

Replies

• GinaMR
    GinaMR Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I am new on here. Welcome & Just never loose sight of your goals!
  • lucythe
    lucythe Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome. I joined mfp in July. There are many supportive people on this site. It sounds like you're off to a good start.
  • jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Options
    Welcome to MFP It has been great so far for me and I think I'm addicted now!! Also it is a great place to share your journey without being judged I feel I'm on here more than my facebook account now (and thats saying something lol ) .Goodluck with your journey and feel free to add me :)
  • CaseyDiane
    Options
    Your story is one that is heard a lot...maintaining is the hardest and something I have not yet been successful at. I have actually never gotten to goal to even maintain but I can't even maintain my little losses so I am PROUD of you for not gaining it ALL BACK! You know what to do obviously so just go back to those roots and you will be successful!! You can do it!!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    u could do this!!! u did it once before. just take it one day at a time. we're all here for u
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I am 53 and trying to lose 60 lbs. This sight is just wonderful to be a part of!!! Please feel free to check out my profile and add me if you would like to. I love to support and motivate people and I would love to get to know you and take this journey with you!

Hugs
    Bev