Is 1890 calories too high?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    ahsnider22 wrote: »
    Hello! That is in your range of calories to maintain weight. I work in the nutrition field and a quick way to find a good range of daily calories is 25cal/kg-30cal/kg. So you’re 70.45kg which = 1761-2113 calories per day. Hope that helps!

Yeah .... no. Doesn't work for me. At 44 kg that has me between 1100-1320 which would still have me losing. 1100 is less than my BMR!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Hello! That is in your range of calories to maintain weight. I work in the nutrition field and a quick way to find a good range of daily calories is 25cal/kg-30cal/kg. So you’re 70.45kg which = 1761-2113 calories per day. Hope that helps!

Yeah .... no. Doesn't work for me. At 44 kg that has me between 1100-1320 which would still have me losing. 1100 is less than my BMR!

I think this is just a rule of quick thumb that doesn't take into account factors like age, height, sex..etc, and tends to break apart at higher and lower ends of the spectrum. I'm 90 kg and 25-30cal/kg would cause me to gain if not active.
  • AngeleyesJo
    AngeleyesJo Posts: 191 Member
    Options

Thank you! Do you think I could afford yo eat a bit more than my 1760?
  • emmieems
    emmieems Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When your weight is higher usually you can afford to eat more. The problem with mfp is it’s kind of a guideline if you don’t have premium but it doesn’t actually know your body personally and your needs. If you feel like you’re eating too much, or you can’t reach your calorie goal it’d be fine to drop back down a little bit. Don’t do anything too drastic and decrease it to a place you’re not ready for. The more weight you lose the smaller your goal gets so enjoy these times lol. Be active and that will aid your weight loss too, just don’t end up dropping down to “poverty calories” lol.
  • AngeleyesJo
    AngeleyesJo Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've got about 14 pounds left to lose
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    you are your own lab rat

try something for a while, record everything accurately, see results, adjust as necessary in light of info gathered