Fairly new to MFP

Options
dualvans
dualvans Posts: 51 Member
I opened an account with MFP in June of 2016 weighing in 185 or around there. Actually lost about 9 pounds by end of 2 months, so I know whatever I did was working. That was when I wasn’t even logging food consistently, but hit my gym 5x a week for an hour. Fell off the wagon when school year started, and I still had my youngest home with me. In that year and half, I gained 12 pounds back and now at 198. That is my wake up call as never been close to 200 lbs, and I don’t want to feel tired all.the.time which I’m sure is related to my weight.

So back at it again. This time I’m mentally ready. But scared of falling off the wagon cuz sugar and chips is my biggest triggers. Aside from that, I eat well in terms of overall diet ie vegetables, lean meat, seafood etc. but candy/junk food and wine, and I never count wine mentally as calories. I know I should!

Wat to be kept accountable, so I figured if I log everyday and post here. I’ll be more consistent. I hope.

Replies

• Fabuluna
    Fabuluna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me-I am restarting this again. Lost 20 lbs and have gained it Ll back when I quit smoking.
  • ccw1304
    ccw1304 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey trying to get under 200lbs, and mindless snacking on junk food is my downfall along with fried foods!

We can do this!!
  • dualvans
    Options
    glad to know I'm not the only one here! I've lost 9 pounds since I came back to MFP little over a month ago, baby steps right?? I'm still having a hard time with night time snacking though so my solution most of the time is hitting bed early after I put my young kids to bed! it is working but same time, im falling behind on other things though since I usually use those hours from 8-11pm to get things done and watch my shows on tv.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest things about weight loss is that it almost always takes longer than you think it will. Because of that, it's more important to find a plan that is sustainable for you than it is to find a plan that produces fast results. (It's more valuable to lose 1 pound a week and keep that going for 6-12 months than it is to lose 2 pounds per week and flame out after 6 weeks).

Why not try to fit wine and/or snacks into your day?

FWIW, I eat dessert every night, because I like dessert and I like having calories left over to eat when I'm relaxing and watching TV. That has never negatively impacted my weight loss; in fact, it's helped my weight loss, because I can mentally stick with an eating plan for much longer when I build in foods just because I like them. There are lots of options for low-calorie snacks and desserts -- jello, fruit with whipped cream, popcorn, pickles (I like salty snacks), low-calorie pudding, high-protein ice cream like Halo Top, etc.
  • dualvans
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    One of the biggest things about weight loss is that it almost always takes longer than you think it will. Because of that, it's more important to find a plan that is sustainable for you than it is to find a plan that produces fast results. (It's more valuable to lose 1 pound a week and keep that going for 6-12 months than it is to lose 2 pounds per week and flame out after 6 weeks).

Why not try to fit wine and/or snacks into your day?

FWIW, I eat dessert every night, because I like dessert and I like having calories left over to eat when I'm relaxing and watching TV. That has never negatively impacted my weight loss; in fact, it's helped my weight loss, because I can mentally stick with an eating plan for much longer when I build in foods just because I like them. There are lots of options for low-calorie snacks and desserts -- jello, fruit with whipped cream, popcorn, pickles (I like salty snacks), low-calorie pudding, high-protein ice cream like Halo Top, etc.

That is true. You really highlighted on the fact people need to find their own sustainable plan, on that end it's mainly why I changed my goal from 2 pounds on 1200 daily calorie to 1.5 weekly with 1,360 daily calories. I'm hoping the new approach will help my snacking cravings and night hunger sometimes.