Help! Sabotaging weight loss and new fitness routine in exchange for Christmas foods ....

Options
That's it really. I have done really well so far, noting down my foods and exercise but slowly with December approaching and winter feeing cold and wanting hot foods, sweet foods and I've just been snacking on Christmas treats. Chocolate, candy/sweets the works (as well as eating more of everything else i cut back on). Help! I am a sweet tooth at heart, and it sounds slack of me, but I've just let in one or two treats and now it's everyday just when I can sneak some food in. Any ideas or tips before I get too far gone? Thanks.

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I live in a very celebratory family. Holiday times for us means lots of great foods and the alcoholic beverages that often accompany them.

In order to really enjoy I am trying to get back on an IF eating schedule, that way I'm saving most of my calories for the evening. I will also be sure to continue exercising this month so I have some of those calories to eat. Other than that I will probably eat at maintenance some days and may start a diet break at the end of the month.

My main priority this month is to not gain!
  • iheartchocolate2016
    Options
    Great idea. Thank you. That's a good reminder.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    What I did the first year I was losing weight and wanted to stick to weight loss over the holidays was that I prelogged my days and included a treat or two each day (in fact I was in a challenge to eat a treat each day that year!) as part of my daily caloric allowance along with my other, more nutritious meals.

Having the scheduled treats to look forward too really helped keep me focused.