What do you always buy at the grocery store?

Options
Im trying to mix it up a bit. Im stuck in a rut and I really need to change it up.
What do you always buy to keep in the fridge, freezer, or counter and what do you make with it or eat with it?

Replies

• efarester
    efarester Posts: 158
    Options
    Almond milk :)

I use it in my cereal. I also use it for my Shakeology shakes. I used it to make some banana ice cream with frozen bananas the other day too. I just love it and it only has 60 calories.
  • brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    mushrooms, strawberries, yogurt, apples :) ALWAYS in my cart...
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    When I was buying groceries and eating at home...
    Skippy's Natural Super Chunk & Totino's Cheese Pizza Rolls.
    Yeah.. I'm in college...
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Yogurts, skim milk, lean meats, cereal (I love Kashi Heart to Heart or Kellogs Fiber One cereals or Honey Nut Cheerios :))...lots of produce!
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    non fat cream cheese. It's good on crackers, toast or mixed into things like pasta and rice. I've used it as a cheese or butter (or both) substitute when I want a tasty sandwich. Cream cheese, lettuce, tomato on a bun is good!
  • dancingphoenix
    Options
    I have been getting small curd cottage cheese for breakfast and i mix in a bit of fruit. :)
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    There's a GREAT (free) app for Android and iPhone devices. It's called FOODUCATE, you scan the barcodes of the food you're going to buy and it grades it...will even give you healthier alternatives. Great add!

Cheers!
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    pork rinds, sunflower seeds for snacks

chicken, salad, turkey bacon, salad dressin, vegetables, eggs, sausage patties, almond milk (unsweetened), deli meat. that's basically what i eat every day more or less. :flowerforyou:
  • abartle
    abartle Posts: 11
    Options
    Almond milk :)

I use it in my cereal. I also use it for my Shakeology shakes. I used it to make some banana ice cream with frozen bananas the other day too. I just love it and it only has 60 calories.

Banana Ice Cream recipe please!! :wink:
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    Almond milk, almonds, quinoa, bananas, apples, spinach, broccoli, greek yogurt, eggs, beans, tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers, hummus. Hope that gives you some ideas.
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    my new thing is pita chips and hummus..when I first tried hummus I thought I would hate it! But I love it!

Also, yogurt, almonds, fiber bars, granola to put on my yogurt and oatmeal..
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Only thing I always buy at the grocery store is cat food...wouldn't recommend eating it.
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    industrial size salsa. It's low calorie. On or in beans, eggs, rice, pasta, steel-cut oats(really), barley, vegetables, and about 100 other things I'm not thinking about. If you are from the mid-west you can get "Mild" :smile:
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Carrots, Broccoli, lettuce, mushroom, milk, cheese, bread
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Avocado. I put it in everything. Salads, sandwiches... sometimes I'll eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'll make a very light breakfast burrito with one scrambled eggs, sliced avocado, pico de gallo, and two corn tortillas.

I like pesto. I haven't purchased it as of late, but I like to use it as a spread for sandwiches rather than mayo. It creates a very nice taste.

I like hummus because it makes my veggies even more delicious.

I also have tilapia and canned tuna. Easy to make for simple lunches and dinner!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Eggs and reduced fat string cheese. When I can't figure out what to eat I have an egg white omelette. Which is every day, and often includes string cheese.
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, almonds, quinoa, bananas, apples, spinach, broccoli, greek yogurt, eggs, beans, tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers, hummus. Hope that gives you some ideas.

Looks you are getting close to swimsuit day. Good for you. Still plenty of summer left too.
  • binkybaby1
    binkybaby1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have to try the Almond Milk I almost picked some up the other day. Okay my grocery list... lets see... I always get fruit about one or two of whatever is on sale along with apples, oranges, pears, bananas ( I have a basket on my counter at home and on my desk at work), brocolli is always in my basket (husband is addicted), yogurt, low carb wraps, grilled chicken (pop it in the microwave and add to whatever), sugar free jello, some form of cereal. I really like variety so my basket looks very different every week except for these items.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Chicken or fish I buy frozen and in bulk along with ground turkey and a few boxes of pasta are always good to have on hand.

Then for at least a month all I have to focus on are snacks and sides
    I always make sure I have brown rice, lemon, Veggies of any kind and A sweet snack and savory snack for the nights I get the munchies.

And franks red hot is always in stock...or else chaos will ensue.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I think it can be challenging to get inspired about food this time of year. It's hot, so cooking isn't that fun being in a hot kitchen and all. You can get creative with salads, but at the end of the days, it's still just salad.

I've been making up salsa recipes and putting them on everything savory lately. The spiciness gives me a satisfaction that I'm not getting elsewhere in my diet.