How much weight have you lost with zumba?

Options
Just wondering, how much weight have you lost with zumba? How long did it take you? How many cals you burn a session? And some before/after pics if possible???

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I'm doing more than just Zumba, but since the beginning of the year I have lost 42.5 lbs. I normally burn between 600-1000 calories in an hours of Zumba - just depends on which songs she does and how much effort I put forth. My instructor lost 60 lbs in less than a year doing just Zumba, though.
  • bella0522
    Options
    I've only been going to Zumba for less than two weeks but Ican tell you it's an amazing workout and I burn almost 700 calories per class! I've lost 2 pounds already and I plan to keep going!!!
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I do more than zumba and I have lost 93 lbs since November. I usually burn around 600 calories in an hour class.
  • Laurabetha
    Options
    I lost inches, especially in the waist/abdomen area. I have doing Zumba since December of last year. I love it!
  • RdySetGO11
    RdySetGO11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 30 lbs with Zumba and Body Pump! I swear by it lol. I am a Zumba instructor as well and while I was at training, this same question was asked and there was a woman there who had lost 103 lbs with Zumba! As another person mentioned on this thread, it depends on what songs an instructor plays, the intensity of the song, and the effort you put into it!!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss goal with zumba (wii) so it's hard to tell. It's definitly toned my legs something fierce though! I go with about 200 calories burned for 20 minutes of zumba, but that is just a guess based on what others have said with 600-1000 calories an hour. It could be that I'm burning more.

bottom line: I HIGHLY recommend it